I'm not sure if this belongs in the Classic Rock forum, but whatever.

What is the best Rush album? I've heard random songs by Rush, and they're rad. So..yes.

Please and thank you.
A farewell to kings by damn sight
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
self titled and fly by night, also caress of steel... for there earlier more heavy metal sound, for there synthier sound 2112, a farewell to kings and moving pictures...
Hemispheres is my favorite. Also you might enjoy their newest effort Feedback, it is a collection of cover songs.

And all of the ones others have said are great.
Vapor Trails is their latest and hardest album in a long time. Not a synth on it. Straigh Guitar, Bass, Drums Rock. The only problem is the mastering is fairly bad.

Moving Pictures is alright, not there best. Many people buy it for Tom Sawyer to be honest.

You can't buy A Farewell To Kings without Hemispheres, and vice versa. It's like a hamburger and fries. Buy both at once.

Presto is one of my favourites right now. It has a really full, energetic, driving sound to it.

Signals and Hold Your Fire are both great, but a little exclusive. You might be disappointed with your purchase if you're not already all too familiar with Rush.

If you want my opinion, buy in this order:

A Farewell To Kings/Hemispheres
Vapor Trails
Presto
Moving Pictures
Hold Your Fire
Signals

Then whatever else Rush albums you want. There's still their debut, Caress Of Steel, Test For Echo, Roll The Bones to name a few.
All time favourite is Hemispheres. It's only four tracks and about 40 minutes in length, but damn it's one kick ass album. The instrumental section in The Trees is to die for. La Villa Strangiato is up there as one of my favourites songs ever.

Next I'd go with A Farewell to Kings. This one's six tracks and about 40 minutes again. Another finely crafted album. Love Xanadu the epic.

Finally, I'd go with Moving Pictures. It's th emost radio friendly. Contains some of their best hits like Limelight, Tom Sawyer, and YYZ. Plus it has Camera Eye which I don't think gets enough recognition as much as the other songs on the album.

Hope that helps.
Permanent Waves is a good one to add to that list. And Moving Pictures, if only for YYZ!
The idea that media is there to educate us, or to inform us, is ridiculous because that's about tenth or eleventh on their list...
- Abbie Hoffman R.I.P
Quote by Jesse Mrau
Hemispheres is my favorite. Also you might enjoy their newest effort Feedback, it is a collection of cover songs.

And all of the ones others have said are great.

Yeah, I really like Feedback to - their cover of Heart Full of Soul is awesome.
Defiantely get A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres. Both great albums albums.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^^hey, I'm watching Ghost Hunters, so I'm not really paying attention
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I personally love Roll the Bones, some of Neil Peart's (Rush's drummer/songwriter) deepest songwriting. Vapor Trails rocks too, especially for a newer CD.
Quote by AICriff008
Permanent Waves is a good one to add to that list. And Moving Pictures, if only for YYZ!

yyz is ausome
Quote by AICriff008

what he said