Hey guys, basically i have decided on my next guitar but i just wanted opinions on it and if anyone actually has one. Also i was wondering if there is any difference between this and the 50s one on the same website. Its just that you can get the 50s one in white blonde which is the colour i wanted. Seems like a very good price on GAK too.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=1047

Cheers guys!!
The Fender Classics are generally quite nice, but for a bit more, you could probably get a Japanese '62 Reissue Tele, they're amazing guitars, might not be in the colour you want though, but wow, they're just brilliant, and better than the MIM Fenders.
Look around for them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It looks good for the price. Stock tele pickups can be a a little too trebly but it's nothing a pickup change or even just rolling off the tone wouldn't fix. I have an MIA tele and I love it to bits!
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Personally I`m more into Gibson guitars so I don`t know what to suggest. But I think i would rather get Stratocaster than a telecaster, because of the look and the popularity.
I`ll admit i don`t no much about fenders but that is my opion.
^That's not a very good response to what he's asking....
I think he's quite set on a Tele though.
Don't be afraid to care"

I'm not a big fan of the vintage reissue Teles because of the vintage bridge. It's retarded that Fender decided to put 2 strings per saddle. Looks like the biggest difference between the two is that the 50s is ash and the 60s is alder. I would probably opt for the 50s. And then immediately get a modern bridge and some new tuning heads. Vintage doesn't necessarily = better.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at May 31, 2006,
Well, you could go to a guitar shop and play a few? Or buy one online?
They have them in loads of shops near me (Manchester by the way)
You don't just have to order from Japan.
Don't be afraid to care"

If anyone was wondering i play a lot of indie like arctic monkeys, futureheads, libertines, strokes, kings of leon and punk like the kinks, clash, sex pistols, jam so i figured this was suitable. I also wanna get single coils simply because i love the cleans and distorted sound with them. The main reason why i am buying one at this price is because i need a new guitar more immediately. Originally i had planned to get a '72 tele with 2 humbuckers but its a little more costly and i think single coils will be better for me.

Cheers so far guys, keep the suggestions coming.
Last edited by bettyswollox at May 31, 2006,
Look for Jimmy Pages Dragon tele, tel the seller youll trade your house for it.
I prefer Tele's over Strats. Maybe it's the look.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by R_H_C_P
Well, you could go to a guitar shop and play a few? Or buy one online?
They have them in loads of shops near me (Manchester by the way)
You don't just have to order from Japan.

Actually I couldn't. They don't import them into North America anymore. Sometimes you will see the odd MIJ on the store racks, but it's very rare and is usually not the model I'm looking for. So ordering from Japan is pretty much the only option if I want a brand new MIJ.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Really? Oh.

They've usually got quite a few used ones and a few new ones in some shops near me, suppose I'm just lucky.
Don't be afraid to care"