For all you finger pickers out there, i was wondering what you did to pick really fast, while keeping the feeling in your hands.
This statement is false.
This thread was posted, like last week.

The key is to just pratice and pratice, that's all I can say, and eventually you get better.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster

The key is to just pratice and pratice, that's all I can say, and eventually you get better.

2nd
Quote by Forcemaster

exactly
well thats helpful...

erm by keeping the feeling in your hands you mean keeping rhythm or not getting tired etc? well when you are going very fast and esp when downtuned i find it easier to move up as close to the bridge as possible so the string doesn't vibrate as much. as for speed, you can try using 3 fingers, i use it on rare occasions when i need sonic like speed, otherwise 2 fingers is sufficient, speed improves with playing, trying playing songs where bass follows root notes andwould be boring otherwise but doubling the speed
^ Yes, playing near the bridge will give you far greater speed. When i am doing very fast runs, especially passed the octave, i always play on my bridge pickup. it's arare to play that fast though. say, when i play Stockholm Syndrome i would play on my neck pickup still. any faster i would go to bridge.

Speed comes with accuracy, so just use your metronome and turn it up a few bpm every day/few days. I like to turn mine right down and then play in 16ths. keep your hand relaxed, dont attack the strings too hard. the main reason people get tired quickly is their atttack. your amp makes things loud, your fingers dont need to. try and make your attack consistent. practice properly, dont just sit and **** about on your bass. actually sit for an hour and do scales, chromatics, arpeggios, whatever.