I've been playing guitar for about a month now, and I'm trying to learn master of puppets, any tips on how to play this song would help. And when metallica plays this song they have a distortion pedal and a chorus pedal right? thanks
Last edited by visa at May 31, 2006,
tip on how to play master of puppets... the intro is simple actully, you first play those 3 simple power chords then I suggest you only do downstrokes on the rest, sounds more heavier that way I think. start by playing it slowly and build up speed as your fingers geting more used to where they are heading

It dont have to be a distortion pedal, could just be usual distortion from the amp, drive channel. And I doubt they use a chorus :S
thanks, the intro is easy, and so it the part right after, but after that, I'm stuck.
the spider riff, as it is called, is the part your stuck on I would imagine...Basically you just have to practice slowly, make sure your doing it perfectly with ALL downstrokes and then just keep practicing to get it up to speed...its pretty hard, espectially if you've only been playing a month, but it makes you a good metal player....
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
play the whole song with down strokes and you'll be a force to be rokend with plus in the words of kirk alternate picking in metal is for pussys
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
oo and if you like you should play this song with a metronome its great this is an awesome song for helpin wit timing you should set the speed to about 108 correct me if im wrong people cuse thats what i play it at 16th notes
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds