Should i get this 7 string guitar for my first elctric guitar?
I found someone who wants to sell it at a low price and I heard that the Omen-6 is a very good guitar for a beginner but is it easy for a beginner to handle the extra string in the omen-7?

It's very hard to find the exact model of a guitar in a guitar store where i live in.. so I can't find the omen-6 in a reasonable price here.

Iv'e been playing a classical guitar for 6 months so maybe the wide neck of a 7 string would'nt be hard to get used to. Also I listen to bands like Meshuggah and Dream Theater that use 7 strings so the seventh string would be usefull to me.

What do you say?
If you are already acquainted with guitar, I think it'd be alright.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
if you're really sure you need the 7th string then sure why not. thought the omen 6 is a good ax aswell, and itd probably be easier for a beginner.. but as i said why not.
If you are new to guitar I say go with the Omen 6, its a great guitar!
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Maybe i'll just remove the seventh string and make it a six string guitar and when i'll feel more comfortable with the guitar i'll add the seventh string. would it be any different than an Omen-6? Would the neck be just as fast as the Omen-6? (without putting my thumb over the neck of course..)
Last edited by TheShizen at May 31, 2006,
i dunnno about you guys but i picked up a seven string the other day and i was like wow the neck was like a 2X4
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
lol i thought the rg7321 was pretty tough to handle lol when i picked it up. But i didnt realy tested it or anything so only cuz i just held a 7 it makes you quickly think its too fat. But not meh
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by TheShizen
Maybe i'll just remove the seventh string and make it a six string guitar and when i'll feel more comfortable with the guitar i'll add the seventh string. would it be any different than an Omen-6? Would the neck be just as fast as the Omen-6? (without putting my thumb over the neck of course..)

Nah, you fuck up the intonation, the neck straightness, everything. If you have truely been studieing classical guitar (not just playing, I mean learning the technique, pieces, etc) then the seventh string with only offer more range of notes and voicing options.
Quote by sylent
lol i thought the rg7321 was pretty tough to handle lol when i picked it up. But i didnt realy tested it or anything so only cuz i just held a 7 it makes you quickly think its too fat. But not meh

Actually, RG7321's neck is at the width of a standard classical so maybe for someone who is used to a classical guitar it would'nt seem too fat. I cant find whats the width of the omen-7 neck though...

Can someone please explain how to measure a neck scale and what exactly does it's scale means? The scale of an rg321 (6-string) neck is 25.5" and the scale of an rg7321 (7-string) is the same so i'm confused...
Scale is the distance between the nut and the saddles.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
id say get a 7 string really cool things you can do with them if you learn your scales not a big fan of the omens personally but i hate basswood, but for a begginer guitar itll be fine