hey
the band i'm in played a gig the other night, and it was pretty good. two things came out of it though:
i noticed that the only person the audience gave credit to was the lead vocalist. he was asked for an autograph, and met a girl while the rest of us just went away from the stage. is this normal for the vocalist to get all the attention?
the second thing was this man came up to us (actually he went up to the singer) and asked if we could send him some tracks to make an EP and he'll sign us. is there any danger in doing this, and if not, how many tracks do we need to send?
Quote by duncang
They're just like EEEEEEeeo. EEEeeo. EEEEEEEEo. oo. o.

I like commas
singers tend to get alot of the spotlight. and if you get signed as a result from your EP thing, then there's not much harm done.
singers always get the girls, it sucks but whatever. happens at gigs im at all the time....
vocalists maybe good with their mouths, but us guitarits, we know how to work our fingers
hehhehe
Yeah yeah, lead singers have huge egos and normally get the most attention from people. Don't complain about it; you shouldn't be in a band and playing music if you just want attention from it.

And the deal with the guy wanting your stuff? Seems a bit suspicious to me. I'd try and find out some stuff about him, like what label he's from, if any other local (hell, or major) bands have had a connection with the label, if the label can be trusted etc.
If you give him an EP, then about 3-4 songs is average. But whatever happens, make sure you copywrite your work before you give it to him. I can't emphasize that enough.
Quote by SomeEvilDude
make sure you copywrite your work before you give it to him

how do i do that?
Quote by duncang
They're just like EEEEEEeeo. EEEeeo. EEEEEEEEo. oo. o.

I like commas
Also, for some reason everyone assumes the singer writes all the songs. Aihoels.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.

Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.