Okay, so, say I wanna make my own backing tracks (Just to practise soloing in scales etc.) - How would I go about it?

I can get drum loops and have them going over and over, but what confuses me is:

If, for example, I want to solo in Amaj Pentatonic, how would I make the backing track for the bass and rhythm guitar?

Would I:

Just repeat an A over and over?
Work along the scale strumming to the count (Single note on bass, chords on guitar) (A for 1 bar, B for 1, C# for 1, E for 1 and F# for 1 [And repeat])?
Play them doing any note within the scale, so long as it's to the count?
Something else?

I'm new to theory and everything and just want a little practise in soloing, I'll be grateful for any help
As long as you play in time with the beat, you can play any of the chords in A major. You'll find that some chords sound better together, and some sound bad, but this you will get by experimenting (chords I,IV and V sound good, but experiment with others).

As you're just starting soloing, just play what sounds good to you. Don't try and go too quickly; good phrasing and vibrato will make you sound better than playing at a schmillion miles an hour. As you get better you start considering the chords you're playing over when you choose notes, but this comes much later.

have fun

EDIT: a basic bassline could just be playing the root notes of the rhythm guitar chords.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by marmoseti

EDIT: a basic bassline could just be playing the root notes of the rhythm guitar chords.

Thanks .

And yeah, that was the plan, it'll probably be like,

1 - Root
2 - Octave higher
3 - Root
4 - Octave higher

Or something .
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club