So like 4 or 5 years ago when I first started jamming with friends some kid brought over a bass guitar and gave it to me. At the time, it kind of worked. lol

Here it is now after being torn apart and sitting in my basement for years,...

My question to you guys is - is it worth saving?

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1841xl.jpg

As you can see the fretboard is cracked, so that would have to be replaced but that is that only "major" problem.

With it being sanded down, primed, and painted real nicely could this be something worth putting some time into as a project?

If so, how much am I looking at spending on a new neck and hardware? I'd like to keep it REALLY cheap.

Give me some input, fellas.

thanks
Keep it and like mount it on a wall, that would be cool. Just buy a new bass. 4-5 years its time for a new one.
Quote by andjustice4all2
Keep it and like mount it on a wall, that would be cool. Just buy a new bass. 4-5 years its time for a new one.

I dont play bass. I was just thinking about seeing if this could actually saved without spending a fortune.
really cheap it will be... heh dude just buy a new bass that piece of **** isent worth it, what was it an ibanez?

EDIT: not trying to be mean dude, whats your price range?
Quote by Maxwell Bass
really cheap it will be... heh dude just buy a new bass that piece of **** isent worth it, what was it an ibanez?

EDIT: not trying to be mean dude, whats your price range?

Lol I dont even know what it was. It doesnt say.

I know you're not trying to be mean. This thing is a piece of ****. lol

Price range... I really dont know. I was looking for some places that sell bass guitar hardware but cant find anything. Got any links?
I think you could do it quite easily. You would have to do it all yourself because the thing that costs the most in customization is getting a "professional" to do things when you could just as easily do them.

Sanding down wont be too hard, nor will pulling out the pick ups, and other things.

I would keep it in its condition now though, i love that "vintage" finish. You can tell it's been used and abused. Shame you took the stickers off.

I reckon to just change the bridge, fret board, pick ups and knobs would be around £200 depending on what you buy.
I reccomend fixing it up REAL nice and perhaps selling it on? Hell, I would save a bass like that!! But then again I am the ultimate scavenger...
Quote by jcwear
I reccomend fixing it up REAL nice and perhaps selling it on? Hell, I would save a bass like that!! But then again I am the ultimate scavenger...

Yea, thats what I was thinking. Probably not sell it, but just to have around.

If I can snag a cheap neck i'm going to do this. I'll start sanding it down this week and post progress pics. :-)
haha can i just have that for free? lol jk, but how much would u sell that off for?
UPDATE

Well i've started the proccess of stripping and sanding off the old paint. I'll have pics tomorrow night.