Page 1 of 3
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Never heard of them.

Must be too underground.

never heard of saves the day? i thought most people round here knew of them at least ahhh well.

i love them, their recent release could have been so much better. but their older stuff is always pleasurable.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
through being cool is awesome.
hmm saves the day = std lol
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
SAVE THE DAY IS AWESOME!!!! They're new album is so sweet. That and THROUGH BEING COOL are my favorites. My favorite song's probably "You Vandal" or "Shattered". I wish I saw them when they came to CT. I missed it.
All their acoustic songs are good. All their non-acoustic ones are annoying.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Can't Slow Down is annoying, but innovative for it's time. Through Being Cool is improved, but still annoying. I'm Sorry I'm Leaving is fantastic. Stay What You Are is really good. In Reverie is musical genius. Sound The Alarm is the let down of the year for me, it's their worst. They've tranversed backwards rather than forwards, they got more whiny contrary to the style he was going to with the newer records before it, the lyrics suck because they aren't the old style of Conley's original story telling, the music is dumbed down, and they lost Eban, not that the guy from GJ is no good, I just think Eban brought alot to the table.

Overall, they are good, but Chris Conley needs his head pulled out of his ass in more than two ways for making such a ****ty record.
i love me some saves the day. really good band that ive been listening to for ages, and i never fail to enjoy anything they do. his voice does differ on albums though, ive found that quite strange but fresh all the same.
rites of nothing.
I like them, but it's kind of hard to tell them apart from Emery sometimes. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Quote by _stalemate_

Overall, they are good, but Chris Conley needs his head pulled out of his ass in more than two ways for making such a ****ty record.

I thought Sound The Alarm was their best album yet. Normally I go for bands older stuff, but I loved Sound The Alarm. But thats just my opinion.
I don't know...they're ok...but their lead singer's voice is way to whiney sounding. If they got a better lead singer, they'd be great...but with the guy they have now they seem pretty mediocre to me.

Although the basic music is pretty good.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeah their new album is pretty sweet

but the classics like freakish and at your funeral still do it for me....
Blah.
My favorite's In Reverie. That was a goddamn beautiful album.

I really like the new album, which isn't really my style of, well, anything, but I really do like it. I loved his singing on past records and dont much dig the frantic whiny stuff.
Poor advice.
i dont like in reverie, it sounded like a different band, singer and all, but the new one is mint. my favorite is through being cool, that once again is mint.

favorite song. ehh, this is not an exit. which isn't even on through being cool. but oh well.
It is the moment that you are living in, and not the one that follows that makes the mess you are cleaning in your head.
Quote by Xenn99
I don't know...they're ok...but their lead singer's voice is way to whiney sounding. If they got a better lead singer, they'd be great...but with the guy they have now they seem pretty mediocre to me.

Although the basic music is pretty good.

Too bad the singer (Chris Conley) is the basis of the band, he's the only original member left. Plus he composed more than half of their stock of songs himself, especially can't slow down, which I hear he recorded all of the instruments himself.
I like the song 'Sell my old clothes, Im off to heaven'.

The video clip for 'At Your Funeral' is the bomb also.
I have their albums "Stay What You Are" and "Sound the Alarm", but I'm a bit disappointed. I bought both albums after hearing "At Your Funeral", and that was a mistake. Still a good band, just a little disappointing after hearing that one fabulous song.
isn't there a acoustic ep with old songs or something like that does any one know what i am talking about or if i just made that up. i could really use the name if there is one
I love saves the day, but the new album was a lot worse than i ever thought it would be...Chris's voice is soooo bad on that album, it's like his voice just got worse. I loved his voice on stay what you are, I think that is their best album. The lyrics were great, and sincere. Through being cool was a good album too, rocks tonic what ever magic was such an amazing song. I think with Sounds the Alarm, Chris got a little carried away with the whole emo lyrics thing...On the other albums the emo lyrics were more subtle, and less annoying...SOunds the alarm is overdone, but i guess good to listen to when you're really depressed. But I haven't heard In Reverie, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Oh and it sounds more like stay what you are and through being cool than sound the alarm, right?
oo i havent got the new album yet, but i heard it's a lot better than in reverie.. and chris has an amazing voice, i dont think that it's humanly possible for him to be "soooo bad" imo lol
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Jazz
Through Being Cool = one of my favorite pop-punk albums of all time.
Saves the Day is way cool, I have all of their albums except for the new one, which I have heard mixed responses from - I really like Stay What You Are and In Reverie
GO STD!
Visit KPGR - Pleasant Grove High School's Radio Station!

Jordan "Creampuff" Makin
Haven't heard much of their stuff but I have Sound The Alarm and another album somewhere.
They're quite good but I wouldn't say the best pop-punk/emo band around.
Catastrophe and the Cure
Quote by waterproofpie
I love Saves the Day.

Yeah...I listen to Black Flag and Saves the Day.
I will fight you.

i listen to mos def and btbam
Oh God don't let this turn into an, "I listen to..." thread. The whole eclecticism thing really doesn't exist these days.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
saves the day is one of the best bands i have seen live

the whole floor of the building was jumping and moving, i wish i had know them before then
april 22 with circa surrive

i don't know what the set list was like because i didn't listen to them before then
Quote by tpen892004
^get the album Stay what you are, flawless album

thats the only one i have now and i love every song
Quote by frd_marshll
isn't there a acoustic ep with old songs or something like that does any one know what i am talking about or if i just made that up. i could really use the name if there is one

hmm i think youre talking about the "i'm sorry i'm leaving" EP
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Jazz
ups and downs, the b-sides record was pretty cool. i like that live version of "Jessie & My Whetstone"
Page 1 of 3