Page 1 of 2
this is for anyone goin to watch vh1 honors tonight. I wanna kno if you like the bands give tributes to the honorie bands. ( all american rejects for def leapord, foo fighters for queen etc..) do you think they will do good if not what band would do a good job.
i dont know who is playing for who
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

i saw the comercial and it looked like kiss was just going to play.
member #2 of the hippies kickass club
i saw the cmercial and thier all goin to play. I like all the bands so i think its goin to be good kiss is the best out of all though
Quote by WashKid99
kiss is the best out of all though

Yeah, it definitely sounds terrible.
kiss is goin to be the best there. def and priest are no comparison to kiss. if freedy mercury was with queen than defiantly queen but they have paul rodgers or whoever who is no were close to mercury. plus its kiss the hottest band in the world
kiss is always great, queen was spectacular live in detroit, def.. *shrugs*, judas priest kicks ass!
Quote by Panasonic3
i dont know who is playing for who

I don't believe The Who are in it.

Isn't it:
Queen
Def Leppard
Kiss
Judas Preist

Anywho,the Foo Fighters will be fine with Queen, But All American Rejects eat more sh*t than a toilet seat trying Def Leppard. I'm definetly watching it in 45 minutes.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Quote by TimiHendrex33
^I'm sure KISS is,but I don't think the others are.

I remember seeing a commercial with Brian May playing and Paul Rodgers on stage...
I wanted to see Def Leppard. It's always a laugh when a guy with one arm drums
^Hell yeah,I can't wait to get on after the All American Gaay's-I mean 'Rejects' completely screw up Def Leppard.
i wanna see priest,kiss and the special all star band with slash scott ian rob zomibe and tommy lee i think thats goin kick more but than all american and def lepord
May's solo on We Will Rock You was really sloppy sounding to me. Any one else think so? His stuff on We are the Champions was a lot better though, sounding pretty true to the original cut.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Queen Fking Ruled i dont see your floyd or zeppelin being honored because queen is where the talent is and was.
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
]^ Well, I doubt VH1 could get the members of Zeppelin and Floyd to show up. But Queen is a phenomenal band and definitely the best of the bands being honored and Paul Rodgers is a great singer, even if he obviously doesn't compare to Freddie. Priest is good as well. I really can't stand either KISS or Def Leppard, though.
Last edited by slinks at May 31, 2006,
Quote by FreddieMercury
Queen Fking Ruled i dont see your floyd or zeppelin being honored because queen is where the talent is and was.

That comment was entirely tasteless and inappropriate. Thank you .

I don't watch too much tv so I have no idea what happened, but did Dave Grohl really cover Queen? I wasn't aware he had that much upper range.
Quote by FreddieMercury
do you listen to any other band? Shut up already about Queen

As for the program, I'm not too interested.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at May 31, 2006,
He didnt cover them, he drummed along with the Foo Fighter's Drummer and Roger Taylor. New Queen played with him. And Freddie Mercury, SHUT UP! I never said anything about Queen not being talented or anything about Zeppelin or Floyd. I just think that May didnt play that great of a solo and I don't like Rodgers with the band. I love old Queen and I dont think they should have came back without Freddie. That's my opinion accept it for what it is.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Can someone upload a video if possible? thanks.
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
You can watch it, its on right now on VH1. I doubt there are videos up yet. By the way, the All-American Rejects are possibly the worst choice for covering Def Leppard EVER. They make Photograph sound like a pop-punk song. What was Vh1 thinking or were they thinking at all?

Quote by Cptbeefheart
You can watch it, its on right now on VH1. I doubt there are videos up yet. By the way, the All-American Rejects are possibly the worst choice for covering Def Leppard EVER. They make Photograph sound like a pop-punk song. What was Vh1 thinking or were they thinking at all?

i agree. the singing was also awful. i give them an F-.
Def Leppard are currently doing "20th Century Boy" by T. Rex with Brian May. I have a new found respect for them now.
Ya, it was a very good cover. Can't wait for KISS!!

That tribute of god of thunder was cool. I didn't think Rob Zombie could pull it off as well as he did.
Yea, he was much better than I thought he was going to be. The backing band kicked ass also. Especially Ace and Slash!

kiss rocked so hard they always go out with a bang . No one touched them tonight on that stage no one . they played phenaminal queen was awesome too priest shock the house lepared was better than i expected but thier drumm kicks so much but im glad i watched this
Ya, the original bands were quite good. But every band paying tribute was terrible except the Super-group. I would give the show a C+ overall.

rob zombie got on my last nerve with his voice...thought it was terrible

slash was pretty sloppy last night to...and hes one of my favorite guitarists...

all american rejects where a joke...why get a squeeky voiced punk rocker to cover a well ranged rocker...and there guitar player was trying to act like he knew what he was doing, but he barely pulled of probably the easiest solo def. lep. plays.

def. lep. rocked to me...not my favorite of bands but i thought they did great for being 60 years old
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by DownDark
Can someone upload a video if possible? thanks.

It's VH1,they'll replay it a million times
Quote by SilentDeftone

I wanted to see Judas Priest and Def Leppard?

-SD

I've already see Judas Priest... Live

TURBO LOVER!
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
if freedy mercury was with queen than defiantly queen but they have paul rodgers or whoever who is no were close to mercury.

Rodgers > Mercury
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
freddie mercury, queen is awesome, they were my first concert, and i love them dearly, but the talent level is no where near zeppelin...

Queen
queen was very good, and i thought the foo fighters were all right, pretty good show i thought rodgers drumming was top notch, and brian is always consistant

Judas Priest
judas priest rocks, and i though godsmack did pretty good, excpecaily "the hellion", i love that song, and it was awesome when rob rode out on the harley

Def Leppard
i wasnt a big def fan going into this, and the all american rejects suck more ass in than a toilet seat, the guitarist could barely pull off a super basic solo, but the t-rex cover was good,

KISS
easily the best performance of the night, the super band was awesome, and robs voice was great and slash and ace were awesome, and kiss was great, but they should have played rock and roll all night
Page 1 of 2