Ive broken my strings on my electric and i only have acoustic strings in the house and i cant go to the shop

would this be ok?
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
As long as you don't plan on plugging into your amp for the time being until you get new strings, then sure, go for it.

The materials of acoustic and electric strings are different, and the magnestism between the pickups and the acoustic strings isn't there, so they won't be amplified.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
As long as you don't plan on plugging into your amp for the time being until you get new strings, then sure, go for it.

The materials of acoustic and electric strings are different, and the magnestism between the pickups and the acoustic strings isn't there, so they won't be amplified.

As long as they're not wound, they'll be alright.
I'm assuming you have an Acoustic lying around if you have acoustic strings, so I say just use that until you can go buy a pack of electric strings.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
I'm assuming you have an Acoustic lying around if you have acoustic strings, so I say just use that until you can go buy a pack of electric strings.

+1
I just feel like playing electric

I restrung it and played it and the acoustic strings work good actually

Im just wondering if this could ruin my guitar

Wouldnt this basically be electric strings on a wayyy higher gauge?
Gibson SG Special Faded

Last edited by Sundayhawthorne at May 31, 2006,
it wont ruin ur guitar.
a thicker gauge might change ur settings a little.

you cant put electric strings on a nylon guitar. thats the only time the neck strength comes into play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i put my dad's acoustic strings on my friends guitar , it worked fine even through the amp
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
different/much brighter IMO
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
dude i have some acoustic strings on my electric guitar since some electric strings broke and they work perfectly with the amp etc. It's harder to bend the strings, and harmonics don't sound as well as electric strings. But it's okay if you needa play your guitar urgently xD
No Dont Put Acoustic strings on an electric guitar cuz then ur electri guitar will sound like an acoustic and if u want ur electric guitar to sounds like an acoustic guitar u should've bought and acoustic guitar and put acoustic strings onthe acoustic and if ur an asshole and sell ur electric and then buy and acoustic then come back and ask if u can put electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar then u are an dolphin

P.S.

I Like Dolphins
...The above post is DEAD wrong.

Your electric wont sound like an acoustic if you put them on there.
If you use unwounds, it'll just be like a thicker electric string. Not sure if you use wounds, ive never done that.
Chances are youll be fine with one, but restringing the whole guitar with acoustic strings of a high guage MAY warp your neck. I cant say for sure. But I'd just wait.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
^ no i have 54 - 12 on my electric right now and it works perfect
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
So a full set of acoustic wont warp the neck?

Well i think it sounds a little bassier now

Its kinda cool

But yeah its harder to bend and stuff
Gibson SG Special Faded

NO it will not . i had 56-14 on my rg once and it held up fine. But if your neck happens to break i am not liable
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8