Hey,

Im moving forward with my pop and slap skills on the bass. So I want some of you bass experts to give me some tabs of the hardest pop n slap lines you can throw at me. Please not any RHCP 1's as ive doneall them maybe some claypool flamenco style
??

I might have done this in the wrong forum ifso please move it. And there might already be a thread about this if so delete this one!

Thanks alot anyway .
Quote by samlynch
nothing can beat rhcp albums. not even rhcp albums.
making up your own stuff is more rewarding and tests your ability, that is, if you try to make a hard riff sound good.
I know where your coming from but I just wanted to pick up some different techniques from bassists.
Quote by samlynch
I could go harder, but this one is pretty sweet.

Victor's Jam, by Victor Wooten. It's from this.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
you can slap all the RHCP songs perfectly can you? I dont believe that. 4string is right, the hard bit is making this **** up, not playing it. I guess some James jamerson for you then..
Quote by Applehead
you can slap all the RHCP songs perfectly can you? I dont believe that. 4string is right, the hard bit is making this **** up, not playing it. I guess some James jamerson for you then..

who said i could do the basslines for RHCP perfectly ? I certainly didnt.....

I refered that as to wanting to learn different pop n slap lines which no1 has yet given me.
Quote by samlynch
David Bowie - Phish
Weekapaug Groove - Phish
To Defy the Laws of Tradition - Primus

Read on...

Its RHCP, but...

...you should really try the interlude bit to Fight Like a Brave if you haven't. And same with the slap bit to Love Trilogy (when it first starts up). These are IMO the hardest Flea bass parts, and fairly unmentioned in a world of Higher Ground, Get up and Jump, and Blackeyed Blond.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
David Bowie - Phish
Weekapaug Groove - Phish
To Defy the Laws of Tradition - Primus

Read on...

Its RHCP, but...

...you should really try the interlude bit to Fight Like a Brave if you haven't. And same with the slap bit to Love Trilogy (when it first starts up). These are IMO the hardest Flea bass parts, and fairly unmentioned in a world of Higher Ground, Get up and Jump, and Blackeyed Blond.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu <3 didnt know david bowies bassist was that good ;o
Quote by samlynch