which of these 3 Ibanez guitar pickups are the more versatile one, well, to say the best..........

1. Dimarzio
2. Seymour Duncan
3. Duncan
4. Ibanez INF

well.............
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
well, if it helps any, i have the Infinity ones (INF) and theyre great! i have a rg370 dx
5 way selector, so maybe thats what gives it the versatility, but maybe its the pickups
Quote by kennethdave
which of these 3 Ibanez guitar pickups are the more versatile one, well, to say the best..........

1. Dimarzio
2. Seymour Duncan
3. Duncan
4. Ibanez INF

well.............

WTF? Duncan? You mean Duncan Designed? That's Seymour Duncan's cheap, Korean-made line.

And learn how to spell, n00b.
The QM1 neck and QM2 bridge on my Prestige S1520 are the best stock Ibanez pups Ive heard, Im not so sure about changing them out (for a Dimarzio SUper Distortion bridge, and Air Norton neck)
This is the best IMO, Seymour Duncan® IBZ(H), Japan made. Marty Friedman uses those.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
This is the best IMO, Seymour Duncan® IBZ(H), Japan made. Marty Friedman uses those.

Yeah, he has them in his SZ that we don't get in the US.

We also don't get the tube practice amp that everyone else gets, called the ValBee. It's a really small, high-gain amp. It's also blue.
Yup, basically you can trust almost everything Japan made, quality is very good. But the price can be unbearable...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Yup, basically you can trust almost everything Japan made, quality is very good. But the price can be unbearable...

It is now. 20 years ago, when people were discovering that anything Japanese is amazing, it was great AND cheap. Now it's great and almost as expensive as stuff from the US.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
well, if it helps any, i have the Infinity ones (INF) and theyre great! i have a rg370 dx
5 way selector, so maybe thats what gives it the versatility, but maybe its the pickups

Are you serious? Those pickups and the '5 way-selector' just sound like different finger nails being scratched on a chalk board.

My vote would be Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio, depending on what sound you are looking for.
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
Quote by 6DOIT
the V7/S1/V8 pickup array is the best IMO.

Ugh. NO! Baaaaaad! I can't wait until I get the V7 and S1 on my RG replaced with some Dimarzios. Breed and Solo Pro perhaps...hmmm....
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by Graphicism
Are you serious? Those pickups and the '5 way-selector' just sound like different finger nails being scratched on a chalk board.

My vote would be Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio, depending on what sound you are looking for.

I play almost all rock, classic to modern. Ledzep, GNR, metalica, Deep purple, jimi hendrix, clapton,alter bridge,creed......and some other stuff.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
I doubt that you will buy an Ibanez because of the pickups... Relatively simple, Ibanez have poor pickup quality and the stocks sound just standard and nothing special compared to the big companies, DiMarzio, SD, EMG etcs. Some are live-able thru a good amp / fx and some are just plain crap. Main point is, after choosing your guitar, just swap the pickups with a new one. Test it out at Bently thru the Roland Cube 30 which you are using now and hear the sound.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
I doubt that you will buy an Ibanez because of the pickups... Relatively simple, Ibanez have poor pickup quality and the stocks sound just standard and nothing special compared to the big companies, DiMarzio, SD, EMG etcs. Some are live-able thru a good amp / fx and some are just plain crap. Main point is, after choosing your guitar, just swap the pickups with a new one. Test it out at Bently thru the Roland Cube 30 which you are using now and hear the sound.

Yeah, i know tat actually, juz wanted to know which one of those pickups were better to deliver what i want since i cant test any Ibanez in my hometown simply because he doesnt have them.......Actually I'm startin to think of changing the pickups on my GRG270DX, the SZ is just a possibility..........
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
How bout the ones in the JS and JEM lines? Yeah...

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by CustomCustom
The QM1 neck and QM2 bridge on my Prestige S1520 are the best stock Ibanez pups Ive heard, Im not so sure about changing them out (for a Dimarzio SUper Distortion bridge, and Air Norton neck)

amen to that custom. i love the QM's in my S1220 Prestige. click the link in my sig and listen to the Joe Satch cover i did, if you want to hear them in action.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
I have INF 1/S1/2 in my ibanez s470dxqm, i dont really like them at all :P

not sure what to change em with. was thinking the classic jb/jazz, but i'm not too sure
Quote by ChurchNSkate
How bout the ones in the JS and JEM lines? Yeah...

Well signature guitars are definately gonna murder me with their prices.....so maybe my decision is the SZ........
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"