I'm quite a noob to recording, so bear with me. I have a Tascam DP-01FX Portastudio. I am trying to import a .WAV file (I am positive it is a .WAV file), and it tells me "Import File Not Found." I know I followed the directions, and I am sure the file is on the WAV directory. Can someone who knows these types of things well help me?

'tis life
I just opened my dp-01fx and had the same problem right off the bat. The computer tells me the file is in the WAVE folder; it's definitely a .wav file. I'm following the directions exactly and the Tascam still says that the import file can't be found. I've contacted Tascam, but I haven't heard back, and I haven't solved the problem. I'll post if i do.
Gab-

I just spoke with Tascam, and they told me that the DP-01 will not read stereo wav files. Anything you import has to be mono. You can use Sound Forge or something else to convert stereo to mono. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm guessing they're right, since I was trying to import stereo files.

Let me know if this works for you
That way works, I've done it many times. Stereo .wavs are used for the master versions of songs, and mono .wavs are used for seperate tracks.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder