I was reading something about panic! on a different forum site and this one guy said something particularly interesting...heres what he posted

i was observing their guitar parts which seem a little too over complicated for 19yr olds and aparently their whole album was written in 1 year! and seeing as emo is a bit of a hype right now what are the odds that they are a manufactured band made by record companies just to produce money for them? any thoughts on this?

I gave this some thought and it seems to make a lot of sense....i was just wondering what other people thought.
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
The guitar parts don't sound very complicated to me,

but it'd definately a possibility.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Their guitar parts aren't "over complicated" for 19 year olds. A lot of bands start when their members are in high school or college but they don't usually make it big that young.
All they play are powerchords...

&they probably are, seeing as they were signed without having played a live gig I think..
they are on an indie label for one thing, which i dont think has the money or the resources to try to manufactur a band. Secondely, teh guitar parts are not close to even being over complicated, go to any music college where 17-18 year olds and up go to, the majority of them are far more superior in composing and writing music. Further more, 1 year is a hell of a lot of time for writing. They wrote their album in one year, they did not first meet as a band and started writing within that one year ( i could be mistaken, but im pretty sure)

to me, a band like that being completely fabricated to make money is a little unbelievable. Think about it a little more, it doesnt make sense.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
yeah, they have only been in a band for 1 year when they got signed. arent there another p!atd thread ??
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
the guitar parts in Panic! at the disco are not complicated at all, 19 years old? although thats not very advanced, im 17 and easily master all the guitar parts for their songs.......
Weren't they, like, on the internet before they got a major record deal? If the kid wants to say he thinks they are crap, say it. If he thinks they are geniuses, say it. But I seriously doubt they are maufactured, as much as I find them to be obnoxious garbage.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
theyre not manufactured, if they were, they'd be up on trl now since everybody already know them.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Jazz
Weren't they on TRL?
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
i also heard that they were signed before they ever played a live show or something. this also gives me reason to believe they might have been put together by a record company
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
Geez, I sure hope they are... I hate them so much...

I hope that we lean more towards the "Panic: Manufactured" point of view.

Maybe we should research on this more and see if they are...
See you at the Live house!
they were on trl but just once, and ryan said something about not wanting to be in it or something, and yeahhh they havent played any show when they got signed.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Jazz
okay, they were signed by pete wentz, who in no way would possibly have the money nor resources to manufacture a band seeing that they were signed to his label (decaydance). second, there story as told by wentz was that they continually sended them emails to go and visit their page that had their music on it and then wentz decided to sign them.

and as for the too advanced for 19 year olds, a lot of their stuff includes pedals which i guess could make it sound more advance, but just think that if their guitarist started at 12, thats already 7/8 years of playing and you can get prety good in that time. and its possible that he even grew up with music such as playing another string instrument in a school orchestra or even playing piano. that would increase his knowledge of music theory and so i dont think that makes their music advanced at all

personally im a huge fan and cant see that they were manufactured
i think the ones that say they wished that panic at the disco was manufactured so that they can hate them, are retarded as hell. Its not hte bands that lack talent, nor the bands that dont make good music that tick you guys off, you just reinforce the idea that you generallly want bands to be somehow non-productive or lack the skills, in order to boost your own sorry asss self esteem.

Kibakichi - quit being such a loser, 'Maybe we should research on this more and see if they are...' if that woudl help you sleep at night, i hope you never wake up
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I don't see how they would be since they're on an idependant label which probably doesn't have enough money to do something like that. I don't really like them but I don't think they are fake. I only heard their single but if most of their songs are similar the guitar parts don't sound complicated and so what if he's only 19, I've seen some kids younger than that be good on guitar. The only reason people think they are manufactured is because they're popular and are like other bands today.
i highly doubt that they are manufactured.

it just seems as though they were in the right place at the right time.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
"They can play guitar better than me" is the most ridiculous point to draw a conclusion of manufactured-dom on.
People can also record demos and send them off to labels before playing a gig. Also, if you've got the right contacts you can get in touch and play showcases for them rather than a proper crowd, doesn't mean you have to play a gig. Just look at the way Velvet Revolver got on the 'Hulk' soundtrack.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^

you make a good point.
you can practically get anywhere with the right contacts.

I didn't know they were that young.... that's pretty cool.
but it is so possible for a 19 year old to be that good, it's possible for a 15 year old to be that good. it depends on how much that said person practises, and when they started.

kaylee
Always a Revolution
^^you're going mad.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
you may also wish to note that you are yellow & legless.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever