Okay, today I went to guitar center. I've been trying out several different amps, looking for some sounds I like. When I got there I asked to try out a Peavey Valveking 212. The guy said "We dont supply peaveys, why would you want one anyway? We have marshalls and line-6's, why would you want to try out a peavey?"

Is this just some salesdude who wants to try to sell an amp that they have to try to get some cash, or is there something wrong with peaveys, which explains why Guitar Center wouldn't supply them? I liked the way the peavey valveking 212 looked on the internet, so I wanted to see how it sounded.
most peavey amps are great. XXX awesome, 6505 pure pwnage, classics sex.

he's just trying to get cash and is a tool.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
That's what I Thought. The one bad thing I don't like about my local guitar center: will tell you anything to get some extra help. Does anyone own a peavey valveking 212 that like it/dislike it for any indevidual reasons? I'll try them out where I can find them, but I don't wanna waste a drive out to a store to try something that has really bad tone or something.
the VK series aren't that great. a lot of reliability issues. they don't sound much like tube amps either.

peavey cut to many corners when they made it, they don't hardly compare to the classics at all.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Ahhhh...No tube sound? Definately not what I was going for. And reliability issues...? Another bad thing. Anyone have any nice tube amp recomendations for under...700 bucks? I'm not quite forgetting about the valveking 212...but thats are some pretty bad things, and I want good quality and reliability when I spend 600 bucks...
well what syles do you play?

traynor ycv 50 blue is a great amp.
peavey XXX if you play metal.
fender hot rod series.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Im excited to try a peavey windsor!

Anyway, peavey has the lower priced tube amp niche down to a science. There is nothing wrong with them.
What are you talking about? Valvekings sound very "tubey"...

Not many reliability issues I'm aware of either, its certainly not as bad as Dereks making them out to be, I think it would suit your needs fine.
^ everbody i've talked about them with always mentiones reliabilty issues and that they lack compared to the classic series.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

fender hot rod deville. nice amp for classic rock has three channels,best clean ever,great distortion and is 700 brand new. you can get in 2x12or4x10
Quote by gpderek09
6505 pure pwnage

I played one today and I couldn't get away from it for about an hour.
Too bad I don't have one of my own though...hopefully soon.
Anyways..Peavey = Maximum Pwnage

nuff said.
^ indeed.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

The only problem I've ever noticed from my Valveking 112 is that the Reverb unit
isn't secure on the inside.. that's it. o.O
My totallyawesomeness gear:

-Ibanez GRX40 *die*
-Peavey Valveking 112 50w Combo *yay*
Alright, thanks for all the replies. There more positive than negative for the peavey valvekings it looks like.
ive never tried a valveking but a classic works great, and if you wanted more of a marshall sound you could go for a traynor YCVblue
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Peavey in general are really good but i've had a few reliability problems with 5150's.
The Valve King series are amazing for the price, no-one can come close if you want a cheap all tube amp. Stay well clear of line 6, I aint played one yet that sounds good at volume, they always make the speakers flap. Marshall are ok but dont really blow my skirt up.
I'm about 90% sure that peavey just rereleased the classic line... i saw a brand new Classic 30 at a local shop today...
Quote by jonnyguitarman
Peavey in general are really good but i've had a few reliability problems with 5150's.
The Valve King series are amazing for the price, no-one can come close if you want a cheap all tube amp. Stay well clear of line 6, I aint played one yet that sounds good at volume, they always make the speakers flap. Marshall are ok but dont really blow my skirt up.

5150s are one of the most reliable amps... ever.
im savin up for a Classic 30...ive played a few for a good while, i loved it (bluesier/classic rock) and i loved it...it sounded so natural...

and the salesdude wasnt lieing cuz every GC ive been to have Peavey
dood dont listen to the valveking bashers. for the price they are amazing. i have a 112 VK and i love it. i mean if you want metal your gonna need a pedal seeing as it is a lower gain amp. but non the less its all tube and it sounds good for cheap. but im not gonna say that the more expensive amps arent better cus they are. P.S. most people who say they suck havent ever played them or they havent spent enough time playing with the settings to know.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords