how do i turbo pick or just pick very fast back and forth? am i not holding the pick right or something? i keep getting stuck
Threadstarter, the Technique Thread located here would be very beneficial for you in learning guitar techniques properly. I'm pretty sure that what CyberFret says to do with tremolo picking is poor technique. It says to pick from the arm which is a no-no for every other technique, so I assume that it's poor technique even for tremolo picking.
Quote by moo453
how do i turbo pick or just pick very fast back and forth? am i not holding the pick right or something? i keep getting stuck

Well it is hard to explane my pink friend, you see you have to hold it somewhat close to the tip of the pick. then you have to concentrate really hard, then you start stuming 16th notes or 8th notes. just work on it and then you will get it, just think down, in, up, out then start speeding up, that what helped me the first time Just work on it eventuly you will get it!

GOOD LUCK

Sencerly, Rock_God1023
Quote by moo453

An another thing they use that that in metal and alot of spanish songs!
Quote by moo453

Probably because you can't pick correctly slow.
And do a search. This is the million dollar question.
The reason so few can do it well, is because it takes time
and everyone's looking for a shortcut. They don't practice
the advice they get.
yea i saw it as i posted it. its gonna be hard to get used to a new way of holding my pick