So tonight I have been writing a song on my acoustic. I have a little opening riff that is from the c minor pentatonic. Now I want to go ahead and make some chord progressions for this song. I don't really know what I am doing theory wise though. Would I stay in the key of C minor or would I write it in E-flat minor?

I plan on using a good amount of minor chords but still some majors. I want it to be a slower played song.

I checked out wikipedia and it says that I can use E♭, F, G, A♭, B♭, C, D, E♭ in E-flat minor. I am really lost. Can anyone help?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Play what sounds good. Don't be limited by what theory says you can do. You can do what you want if it sounds good.

I would do that, but I don't really know where to start. I know a lot of the open chords and then barre chords but I dont have a clue what and where to use them. I want use e-minor, a-minor, c-major and maybe d or g but I don't knjow they are in the right key for that c minor pent riff.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Those chords are not in C minor, but you can just move them down 4 semitones (frets) to make it C minor, F minor, Ab major, Eb major, and Eb major.

So I can only play those 5 chords to sound right?