I love Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust. Amazing albums. David Bowie + Queen are a good combination.
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
Love 'im. My band's going to do a cover of Ziggy Stardust.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I love him in every one of his stages. He is a classic musician. My favorite albums are Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, and Heroes.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
His stuff is off the hook.

I can't say enough about him really. He has four albums that I love front-to-back (for me that's a pretty big number, I rarely find albums that consistantly please me). His other albums from the 70s and early 80s all each have at least a few tracks that I really enjoy. Plus, he does it while going through very different styles, but it almost never sounds like he's just bull****ting his way through a few genres.

He's had a pretty impressive cast of backing guitarists too. I've been trying to get stuff where Robert Fripp plays with him, like Scary Monsters.
Scary Monsters is the only Bowie CD that I really like from the 80's. Fripp's playing on it is very good. You should definitly try to get it.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
^Ashes to Ashes from SM is my favorite Bowie song. It is a great album. Anybody heard any of his new stuff? I wonder how it is. Or seen him in concert? I was watching a PBS fundraiser some time back, and the gifts they had for various donations were David Bowie CD packages. In between they showed a bunch of Bowie performances from his most recent tour, and they were fantastic.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Jun 1, 2006,
Labyrinth wouldnt have been the same without him...
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
i'm still not a huge bowie fan, but rock 'n roll suicide is one of my all time favorite songs. 1984, changes, and diamond dogs are also commonly heard in my car. the commercial with bowie wearing snoop dogg's neckace always has me smiling as well.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
I'm a DB fan since for 16 years. And I'm 19 years old.^^
I also love his new stuff: Outside (great concept album), Hours and Heathen.
Imo he "owned" almost everything in the 70s. Some people have a problem with him because he always was a moving target. Every new album brought a new style and that is good.
In another thread I posted some links of awesome videos:
yea ur right i never c anything abot him on this site, Im more of a fan of his work with Mick Ronson. tHE rISE AND fALL OF zIGGY sTARDUST AND THE sPIDERS FROM mARS IS AN AWESOME ALBUM
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Labyrinth wouldnt have been the same without him...

I loved that movie!! PLus, Ziggy Stardust is one of the greatest rock albums ever. And the albums The Man Who Sold the World and Hunky Dory are just essentials for any rock collection. Mick Ronson rules!
I love him.

And I LOVE Space Oddity that song is amazing
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
Quote by danocaster
I'm a fan

ohh. mmm. thats uh good 2 no, good stuff. Its uh, really good stuff.