i'm building a 30" scale guitar, but i'll be using strings from a fender VI bass.

for those of you who don't know, the fender VI was a bass issued back in 61', but it was more of a guitar. it was tuned E to E, and had .25 strings, but was tuned an octave lower than a standard six string guitar.

now i'm wondering if i can build it to a 25.5 scale instead, or will the strings be too loose???

also, the fender VI's had a fender tremolo system on em, like that of a mustang, but i hate those whammies, so i might use an OFR if possible, but i might have to file out the saddles a bit to hold the thicker strings. if there's anything that might stop me with that, let me know, and i'll have to resort to a kahler 6 string bass tremolo.

i wouldn't mind having a 30" scale, but i'd really prefer a 25.5" scale.

just let me know what you think, and tell me if this all seems logical.

thanks
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
Slightly off topic but are guitar and bass 1 or 2 octaves apart? Because if theyre one thensurely a Guitar tuned that low would sound like a bass and we all now chords that low and bass sound like crap?
i'm pretty sure it's one octave, and if it sounds bad, i'll get it feitenized
Quote by uuhi
one octave , tune a guitar that low, and you're basically strumming air
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^i'm not sure you understood correctly. i'll be using strings twice as thick as a standard guitar, and possibly a 30" scale for backup, along witha buzz feiten system nut just incase.
Quote by uuhi