Well, as I was looking on the Japanese Ibanez site, I saw an amp called the Valbee. It's a 5W high-gain combo that's all-tube. Interested, I checked the US site to see if I could get it. Nowhere to be found. So, I decided to see other sites from other countries. Canada? They have it. UK? They have it. Every country except for the US has this amp. Do you think there's some way that I could obtain it?

Another thing I noticed is that the US Ibanez site has a different layout than every other country. Every other country has the Japanese layout. Kinda odd.
because we here in the U.S., suck.

hell i dk, they dont' like us 'cause we kicked there asses in WWII?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Because epiphone has the exact same thing in the US, and also ibanez makes horrible amps.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Because epiphone has the exact same thing in the US, and also ibanez makes horrible amps.

But it doesn't drive hard enough! I need something more for metal that's not huge, because my dad would kill me if I got a Boogie Triple Rec.
Once again, High Gain - Tube - and Ibanez are not a good combination. Remember that 150w tube head they put out? Well if you don't there's good reason why Ibanez, people do not like their amps at all.

I'm sure a modeling amp could do better.

Quote by Funky P
Once again, High Gain - Tube - and Ibanez are not a good combination. Remember that 150w tube head they put out? Well if you don't there's good reason why Ibanez, people do not like their amps at all.

I'm sure a modeling amp could do better.

I have a modeling amp. A Vox AD15VT. It's good, but it's not tube-y enough.
you could try boosting the epi one?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Well depending on how much money you got, there's the THD Uni/BiValve, 15/18watt class A, not super high gain, but sure does sound really good, crankable without anyone going deaf. But they're heads only, and go for about $600-$800.

danno said the valbee was actually a very good sounding amp when he tried it, id ask him, im considering one myself
Quote by Funky P
Well depending on how much money you got, there's the THD Uni/BiValve, 15/18watt class A, not super high gain, but sure does sound really good, crankable without anyone going deaf. But they're heads only, and go for about $600-$800.

If I saved up a bit, I think I could handle that. But then there's the issue of getting it to sound more metally. What tube/s does it have in the power section?
It's got a 6L6 as far as I know.

And I liked it a lot when I tried it out.
^^^As far as i know it comes with 6l6's, but is self biasing so any powertube(as in singular) could be used.

Quote by Funky P
^^^As far as i know it comes with 6l6's, but is self biasing so any powertube(as in singular) could be used.

What would be a good power tube for metal? Doesn't the Triple Rectifier have 6L6's?