I have been looking for a while, but can't quite find one. I know that some pedals have some effects that makes it sound somewhat like an acoustic, but I am looking for something that sounds like an acoustic straight out of the box (and plugged into an amp ). I want this guitar also to range to more modern rock or maybe some harder rock (maybe even some metal). I know it's a lot to ask for but, does anyone have any opinions on guitars?

Thanks
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
Semi hollow...
That's about it...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
lol, im not sure about this, you might just want to buy an electric acoustic, then just do some distortion etc to get the other electric tones your looking for.

Or just do a semi-hollow, idk.
Behringer V-tone GM108
Epiphone SG
No clean electric sounds like an acoustic imo, just get an acoustic guitar problem solved.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
yea hollow body is the closes you can get
i just play my electric when i want an accoustic sound, dosnt sound quit like an accoustic, but it gets the job done
Whats wrong with a good old-fashioned, uh...acoustic guitar?
The idea that media is there to educate us, or to inform us, is ridiculous because that's about tenth or eleventh on their list...
- Abbie Hoffman R.I.P
I'd go with everyone else saying get an acoustic. Gretsch guitars sound acoustic when not plugged into an amp, but I'm not sure what they sound like plugged in because i dont have one. You might look into it though.
^He isn't looking for one.

Try a Godin.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Well you could try the Line 6 Variax.....that can sort of do acoustic.....and alot of other instruments :S

but if your going for semi-hollow...69 Thinline Telecaster FTW! My friend bought one for his birthday and it can pull off some nice tones ....and with the right amp it can pull of some decent metal
we must become the change we want to see.
yeah, godin or carvin w/ acoustic electric is the way to go. their not a dead on acoustic, but their pretty damn near compared to other stuff. try and lgx
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
get any normal guitar, and put a ****in piezo pickup in it.

Bam.

i was just about to say that peizo = perfectly dry, flat sound
'heard parker fly's pretty good at the acoustic sound. they're good for rock distortion. I dunno about metal, tho
ummm schecter make the C1 E/A just for this they have piezos built in to them you have a coil tap switch that activates the piezo and gives a really good acoustic sound and push it in and you have an electric sound, pretty cool guitars if i get 700.00 i may buy one
yea definatly godin, heard they're great and not even thaaaat expensive

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Thanks everyone, I'll try to take all the advice and do some research.
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Semi hollow...
That's about it...

You're a mod! That's friggin' great! Kudos man. First mod promotion I've actually seen.

Anyway, I think what you need are piezo pickups. I think there was an Ibanez that came with them?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
You're a mod! That's friggin' great! Kudos man. First mod promotion I've actually seen.

Anyway, I think what you need are piezo pickups. I think there was an Ibanez that came with them?

Yeah I linked it, there's even a demonstration video of it (the Wes Borland one) on video.google.com
^Exactly, I'm sorry, I only saw it now. I think his was a 7-stringer though.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Ibanez Talman electric acoustic.

clean it sounds JUST like an acoustic but for songs where you dont have time to switch to an electric (gigs) you can hit distortion and it sounds JUST like an electric.

Definatly look into one

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Taylor T5, and no one can claim that Agile makes a better and cheaper rig like this one