is the univalve ok for a practice amp? 15 tube watts with built in attenuator. it sounds pretty awesome. what cab would u recommend with this. i don't want to be too loud. are avatars any good?
yes they're awesome. avatar would be good, you could try a marshal 2x12. that would be good also.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
are they designed for practice? i thought they just made em 15 watts so you can play live and drive your tubes.
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
Avatar gives you great deals on new thd's if u buy them with a cab. a 2x12 and a Bivalves is 950 for the bivalve.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
yea i was planning on buying from avatar. does anyone know how much the deal with a univalve and a 2x12 offered by avatar is?
Univalves are meant to be recording amps and believe it or not, actually work as tube overdrive pedals. But they're perfectly fine as practice amps, expensive practice amps.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by mystique facade
yea i was planning on buying from avatar. does anyone know how much the deal with a univalve and a 2x12 offered by avatar is?

E-mail the staff, I got a reply in 5 hours(during the day, of course).
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Univalves are a lot louder than you think, but sure you can practise with it, you can practise with any amp. They'll do gigs just fine too though (miked up for larger ones).
Cool amps.