Just finished pricing the bits and pieces to build mw own 2x12 cab. I had planned to put two celection vintage 30's in but have encountered cost price problems. The best price i could get was $249 ea. Even the eminence spekers were about the same. This means by the time i finish buying the wood, cable, jacks, and coverings for it i am going to be well over the $600 aus mark i had intended on. for $595 i can by a crate4x12 cabinet rated at 100W. Would i be better off to buy one of these cabs and save my project for a later date when funds are more readily available? does anyone know how these cab sound. The model of the one i was looking at was aG412SL/T. They also list a new 2x12 cab(with celestions, not sure which ones) as well,the GT212s, but thats rated at 160w. Would 160w be to much for a combo that puts out only75W. all thoughts and suggestions welcome. By the way if music choice makes a difference, im more of a rock to hard rock man but play all styles.
No you should carry on with your project. The 2x12 with Vintage 30's will sound way better than that crate IMO.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
So has any one used crate cabs before, or heard anything about them. How much differnce sound wise are we talking. Plus ive ****ing broken two fingers at my football training last night so the home made one may be put off for a bit longer. Ive got the cash to spend at the moment, so what i really want to know is would i be wasting 600 bucks on this 4x12 or not.