i have a JS30KE jackson kelly...it sounds pretty good, the sound can easily compete with my friends $800 ESP. but the action isnt thatgood and if i put it any lower it buzzes way too much and it doesnt have a floyd rose.

i currently have a 30 watt amp which is loud enough for practicing but i want something that can really blow people away at shows.

so, im considering either

A) buy a better guitar and still use the same pretty bad amp but have a better guitar (limit is $1000)

or

B) spending the 1000 on a half stack but keeping my pretty crappy guitar.

or even

C) splitting the money and buying an ok guitar with an ok half stack
What kind of amp is it? "30w amp" isn't specific enough. What brand is it? What model?

As for a halfstack, you don't need it. 50W is plenty. You'd be hooking the amp up to a PA system anyway, so you really dont need more than 50w.

Post what amp you have now and people here can give you more info.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'm surprised people are still only concerned with wattage/how loud it is

other people have said

an okay guitar (you can probably fix the action) through a good amp will sound good

a great guitar through a bad amp will sound like crap

the half stacks/full stacks are pretty pointless
get a good tube amp

tube amps = louder with less wattage (for example 30 watt tube louder than 100 watt solid state)

people have also said that floyd roses aren't that great
just get a good amp if you're gonna spend that kinda $$

next year I"m getting a Fender Deluxe Reverb for $800, only 22 watts too
New amp. Then see if you still want a new guitar.

I'd recommend that you just get a nice tube combo amp. You can easily get one for under $1000. I don't know what the best ones are, so I'll let someone else recommend some, but yeah...with a really nice amp your current guitar will probably sound much better to you. You actually may not even want a new guitar.

As for the buzzing, I'm sure you'll have enough cash left after the amp to take it and get it professionally set up. I'd recommend doing that to get rid of the buzz.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by amazingdm
I'm surprised people are still only concerned with wattage/how loud it is
an okay guitar (you can probably fix the action) through a good amp will sound good

a great guitar through a bad amp will sound like crap

the half stacks/full stacks are pretty pointless
get a good tube amp

tube amps = louder with less wattage (for example 30 watt tube louder than 100 watt solid state)

Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?