this sucks. I just plugged in my guitar, played a chord, turned the volume on on the guitar, it was getting louder, when the volume knob got to the top, the guitar stopped working. I dunno what happened. I was playing it at a concert just last night. Its not even a year old. Its an ESP LTD F-50. Any ideas on what might have happened?
Gooby Pls.
Could be the volume knob? Try putting it lower volume and see if that works? or a wire could have come loose. Open it up, have a look for yourself or take it to a music store
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
ive had troubles with the volume knob before, as in it falling off. so i dunno whats wrong. i wiggled it around, jiggles it, did everything with it, no sound. I'm not confident enuff 2 open it up.
Gooby Pls.
just take the screws out of the plate and have a look. I know how it is when you have your most precious guitar and don't want to take it apart. If you don't want to look, take it to the shop, but before paying for the repairs, make sure that you know they are charging you for the right stuff. I had a mate who took a cheapo £60 strat in to get repaired and it cost him £25 just to get a £7.50 selector switch replaced.
My Gear:

Unlucky man, did you have a backup guitar?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
and i got school band rehersals 2morro, i gotta bring my acoustic/electric then. grr!
Gooby Pls.
take it in
My Gear:

Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i HAD a backup guitar, but i sold it last week
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS RULE!

That's pretty damn unlucky!
Did you have to stop the gig?

And yes, they sure do!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
take off the panel peer inside, if all the wires seem fine, i would buy a new volume pot from the hardware store and shove it in there. Take care to take the correct value (250K or 500K... can't remember) and it has to be a log pot, am i right? :S
nah, the gigs on, i'll jus have 2 use my electric/acoustic with only 20 frets. I'll take my elecrtic into the store n get it fixed. Its about time i got a new guitar tho. But i gotta pay 4 it. Damn parents
Gooby Pls.
Dude, I played my Electro-acoustic at a fairly big gig with full on distortion and everything. It'll work, then all the kids come up to you saying, "how do you do that on an acoustic?"

People love you when you do that!
take off the plate where the input is and check the wiring... my guitars wiring inside the input has coem losse twice... had to take it apart and solder it back on... if ur too worried bout doin stuff like that ( mind u if i cna do it...anyone can )... take it in to a professional to have a look
yeah, my dad went to a tech school when he was young and hes good with stuff like wires n metal so i'll show him when he gets back from work.
Gooby Pls.
Relax, before taking out the plate, check the easiest one 1st, the output jack. Check whether its soldered properly, and check that the cables are working. If there's no problem to be found, then only you open the electronic compartment and see whats wrong with the connection.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yep, check to see if any wires are loose probably also a good idea to rewire everything to see if there are any faults in it
Quote by jcwear
Dude, I played my Electro-acoustic at a fairly big gig with full on distortion and everything. It'll work, then all the kids come up to you saying, "how do you do that on an acoustic?"

People love you when you do that!

i plugged on into a dual recto at a shop near me when people walked in they just stared in amazement
i pulled off the back plate 2day n looked @ the wiring. All the wires had come off the tone knob and the volume knob was really loose so im taking it back 2 Billy Hydes 2morro coz its still under warranty
Gooby Pls.
good thing to do. I can't believe that all of the wires came off. Bad soldering job or what (asuming that you looked after it well)
My Gear:

Or you accidentally twisted the volume knob to the point where the pot inside also twists. Happened to me once.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah^ if the knob was loose once like u said, and u hand tightened it, or turned it to its max, u probably spun off a couple of wires.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah considering its there lowest model for that guitar i bet some faulty loose pot could be your problem
yep, lower ltd guitars do have a questionable quality and also there parts arent that reliable
or the smae thing that happened to me couldve happend when the knob my amp got loose and i pulled it off and it turns out that the nut holding it in play was crumbley and i just took 10$ to replace*sweet*
sounds like a blown circut.
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
Quote by \m/(-_-)\m/
ummmm isint it kinda ovious U JUST BLEW THE SPEAKER!

what the hell are you talking about? read the thread before you post.

ESP M-1000FM
ESP Viper 400
Peavey 5150II half stack
Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner
Furman power conditioner
Quote by \m/(-_-)\m/
or the smae thing that happened to me couldve happend when the knob my amp got loose and i pulled it off and it turns out that the nut holding it in play was crumbley and i just took 10$ to replace*sweet*

Also, learn to type correctly and if it cost you $10 to replace a nut, you were badly ripped off my friend.

ESP M-1000FM
ESP Viper 400
Peavey 5150II half stack
Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner
Furman power conditioner
Uhh, my amp is fine. If it wasnt working i'd kill something, coz its a marshall Valvestate 100 full stack. And my volume and tone knobs do come loose sometimes. Prolly coz i could b a little more gentle with it. I like 2 perform well though. I would have bought a better guitar if i had the money, but i didnt have the money and i jus thought, "Meh, its an ESP (copy), it'll do."
Gooby Pls.
i need a new guitar, im getting this 1 fixed but i still wanna better 1. a REAL ESP. Most liikely an EX or an AX, i like kool looking guitars lol.
Gooby Pls.
Just make sure you get anything thats inside the 400 series or above.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i need a new guitar, im getting this 1 fixed but i still wanna better 1. a REAL ESP. Most liikely an EX or an AX, i like kool looking guitars lol.

reall esp's arent cheap you know, there most likely all above $2000 and the ax comes at about ~$4000

edit: also getting a guitar just for looks is really gay. should get a sv standard
took the guitar in yetserday. They opened it up n i had spun round the tone pot so all the wires had come off. They say it MIGHT not b covered by warranty coz i shouldnt have twisted it when it was loose. stupid ****ers.
Gooby Pls.
If you have to pay for it, you'd be better off wiring it urself and saving those money for something better.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah he probably left it there tho. cause they tossed in a MIGHT, and he thought he'd take a chance that it was covered. guessing they might charge around $30.

TS when u get it back from them and they hand u a bill. u tell them they should stop selling guitars with loose parts. and then shove a tone pot up the guys ass.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011