I'm about to get an RG370DX but before I buy it, is there anything wrong with it? I played it in the shop and it's great. And if there is someting wrong with it,please help me pick a guitar,

I don't have enough cash for a Prestige, (if I counted right, around $400-600 in USD)

I really want a Wizard neck, and a floyd rose, and NO ALDER BODIES!

I play Metallica, GnR, AC/DC, Racer X, Mr. Big, and Some Satriani, Vai and Dream theater
well, if you played the guitar, and you like it, nobody can tell you that it's not the guitar to go for. I like that Ibanez rg320mh (i think thats it). It's mahagony and plays great, but no floyd. Or an Ibanez S470, they have the best floyd and a great neck
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
sorry to say but the RG370DX as a rather crappy trem. its fine now, but in about 6 months, itll wear out on you. i suggest a S series, a S470. its $500 at musicians friend.
^ yep, definately, the S470 is the one, I have been looking into them myself
My Gear:

Looks awesome, I'll look for it in my guitar store, I kinda don't order online anymore since my ebay incident...
Quote by lp_dude_2
close, its RG321MH.

oh, 1 off. Damn Ibanez and their stupid numbering system
My Gear:

Quote by tabber666
oh, 1 off. Damn Ibanez and their stupid numbering system

yeah i gave up on trying to remember all the different model numbers. i just know the ones i like or that i know info about.

Quote by Cheesepuff
Looks awesome, I'll look for it in my guitar store, I kinda don't order online anymore since my ebay incident...

i can understand not trusting Ebay, but you can trust musicians friend. but make sure you play the guitar before you buy on line. just cause we like it doesnt mean you will, everyone has their own opinion on each guitar.
Last edited by lp_dude_2 at Jun 1, 2006,
I'll tell ya i have an Ibanez RG 350 Ex which is allmost exactly like the DX model which is really close to the 370 and i love/hate my guitar it has so many problems! you cant get a really good guitar from ibanez anymore i wouldent gig with it or anything it tends to randomly go out of intunation and the Knife Edge trem is a pieice of **** dont buy ibanez..lol If your looking for an AMAZING guitar buy a Yamaha Pacifica the one i have is AMAZING!! i love it so much probley the easyest gutiar to play ever i've played customized les pauls and everything Yamaha Pacificas KICK ASS!
I was gonna get the S470 until i realised it had 22 frets so know im gonna get the RGT42dx get it its nice(but not as nice as the S, so choose wat you want:good guitar 22frets or ok guitar 24frets)
24 frets isn't necesserally good. Don't subsitute a brilliant guitar for a peice a **** just because of 2 lousy frets
My Gear:

Quote by GuitarsRule!123
you cant get a really good guitar from ibanez anymore

i, probally along with just about everyone else, disagree. heres a list of of good guitar that i know are good:
AR300
ARX300
MMM1
MTM1
RGA321F
S470
S470DXQM
S520EX
SZ320
SZ520
SZ720
SZ4020
IC400

by my count, thats 13.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
^ yep take a pick from the list above might be your best bet. what amp do you have?

the good thing about that list is theyre all good guitar with great tone. the MMM1 and MTM1 are both signature guitars so theyre pricey. but the others are affordable. and theyre all fixed bridges expect for the S470, S470DXQM, and the S520EX, but that all have the ZR tremlo system what is the best Ibanez makes and from what i hear it can hold its own compared to an orginal Floyd Rose.

EDIT:
i forgot to add that both the SZ4020 and the RGA321F are pricey too, but really great guitars.
Quote by lp_dude_2
the good thing about that list is theyre all good guitar with great tone. the MMM1 and MTM1 are both signature guitars so theyre pricey. but the others are affordable. and theyre all fixed bridges expect for the S470, S470DXQM, and the S520EX, but that all have the ZR tremlo system what is the best Ibanez makes and from what i hear it can hold its own compared to an orginal Floyd Rose.

EDIT:
i forgot to add that both the SZ4020 and the RGA321F are pricey too, but really great guitars.

the zr trem is a good one though the problem is that it doesnt have the same flexibility as an ofr would have. also the edge pro (best fr from ibanez imo) is probably a bit better than an ofr but there probably on par with the features though you cant fix a d-tune to the ibanez but you can fit it too an ofr
Quote by azn_guitarist25
the zr trem is a good one though the problem is that it doesnt have the same flexibility as an ofr would have. also the edge pro (best fr from ibanez imo) is probably a bit better than an ofr but there probably on par with the features though you cant fix a d-tune to the ibanez but you can fit it too an ofr

well like i said, im only stating what ive heard.

Quote by JerrySeinfeld
get an Artcore

Im like a broken record

you and your Artcores.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
^ yep take a pick from the list above might be your best bet. what amp do you have?

Oh, ermm.. for now it's just some no-name solid state amp. I'm working on it... already have a sweet deal on this roland cube so
I love my RG370DX.
nuff said.
haha

i havent found anythign wrong with it in the last year and a half but i may be one of the lucky ones

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by lp_dude_2
yeah, seriously, who uses the 23 and 24 fret so much that they need it?

I'm gonna write a song called "Who has ever used the 23rd fret on their guitar?"

But anyway, I'm getting an SA260FM which is another good guitar, IMO, a very solid reasonably priced guitar...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
hey JanickClone i was lookin into one of those rg370dx's would you suggest it?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
gibson_10 go try it out for yourself. I don't think that many people on here would recommend it including me. But don't take our word for it.
My Gear: