Morning chaps, im due to go on holiday in July ( only down south ) and im trying to persuade my dad to let me take my electric guitar away with us so i can practice.

Ive only been playing about two months now and dont want to get out of the habit of practicing everyday - especially for a whole two weeks as i feel this may have a detrimental effec t on my studies.

But theres no way im going to be able to take my amp away with me. So i need to know if theres a "Amp / Device " that i can buy that is like a portable amp thats really small and / or would fit in your pocket that has a headphone socket so i dont annoy any neighbours we might have if i decide to turn the volume up a bit.

Thanks

AdamC
There's loads of mini amps around, mini Fenders, Rolands, Marshalls, Vox's.

Purely because their other cheap stuff is great, look into the Vox mini valvetronix, altough I'm not too sure if it's out yet....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Marshall do some pretty funky matchbox amps.

Not as small as an actual matchbox, but about fit-in-your-hand size.

With a headphone socket, runs on one 9volt battery.

If you're feeling extravagant, you could buy a Pignose. It has strap buttons like a guitars', so you can use a guitar strap on it.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
I'd go with the pig nose, they sound great for such a small amp.

although i have a marshall and i like that as well.
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
how bout a Zoom 505,yeah i know it's an multifx,but you can use it as an amp too,and the best thing,nobody will yell at you when you play!All it needs is some batteries or adaptor.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Thanks fellas, some good options there.

I'll have a look at them and see which one suits me best.

Ta

AdamC
A multi fx is a really good idea, because you can plug your guitar straight into it and listen to it through headphones, and you can use it with your amp when your back home.
Im liking the idea of this multifx pedal.

I was unaware that you could use an effects pedal as an amp, it makes sense buying something like that as it has lots of different effects you can use. And i would be able to plug it into my Roland Cube when i come back off holiday.

Im right in thinking this is the Zoom 505 that Broken-pick recommended?

http://www.instrumentpro.co.uk/P-ZOO5052.html?PHPSESSID=78b7865809c5f1186811d7dbad9e173a

Am i also right in thinking i need nothing else other than the guitar, the fx pedal, headphones and a connecting cable between the two?

Thanks

AdamC
cheap zoom multis sound pretty poor, IMO.

the micro cube can be run on batteries, has effects and sounds great, but sure as heck wont fit in ur pocket. that sucker is about 7lbs.

if u want a headphone amp check out dean.
if u want a mini check out $20 smokey amp or danelectro pedal/mini. or thier honeytone.

and u connect these items with guitar cables.

line out from guitar, into effect, then a secong line into amp.

all listed here...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=mini+amps

if u want a specific effect then state ur music style and budget.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by StaggHound
Marshall do some pretty funky matchbox amps.

Not as small as an actual matchbox, but about fit-in-your-hand size.

With a headphone socket, runs on one 9volt battery.

If you're feeling extravagant, you could buy a Pignose. It has strap buttons like a guitars', so you can use a guitar strap on it.

my mum is about to get me one of those, i heard her say it was a pignose an said wtf? can you link me to one! please :S
Ibanez has a really small tube amp on the market called teh valve bee
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by rockinlewis
I'd go with the pig nose, they sound great for such a small amp.

\m/

i have the pignose, and its great. but it isn't really for metal so if u play metal...
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I have a pocket rocket that works ok for most of what I do, except the way it's constructed it won't work with a Strat. That little smokey thing looks interesting ...... I cold use it to drive the speakers on my SuperReverb
If you are just going on vacation, why don't you just play your guitar without an amp? I do it all the time when I'm at home and am to lazy to go to my room and plug my guitar in.
Just playing the guitar without an amp would be ok i suppose, just wouldnt sound as good i feel.

Ive found this link - http://www.highlystrung.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Guitar_Amplifiers_140.html

I like the two Danelectro ones at the bottom of the page - the Honeytone Mini Amp which looks funky and the DE-15 Honeytone 'e-Studio' Headphone Amp.

Both of these are reasonably priced i think, im not looking on spending a fortune.

Thanks

AdamC
Quote by JorisBlack
If you have enough cash get this : http://zvexamps.com/amp_view.html
It has a built in speaker but you can also attach it to a speaker (maybe headphones too?)

If this thing works as well as it does in the demo (of course, a '68 LP and 4 - Celestion greenbacks were used) I want one! How much cash is enough cash? I couldn't find a price on the web site.
x2 how much? that thing looks pretty cool
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by JorisBlack at Jun 1, 2006,
haha, oh man thats steep.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Slayer224
Roland Microcube

Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Korg Pandora or Zoom.

The cheap little multi-effects are the BEST way to go.
You CAN'T stick a microcube in your pocket.

The effects are decent enough. Nothing great, but you do get many cool
enough tones on-the-go. What do expect from something that you can put
in your pocket?

Additionally, they come with a tuner and drum loops/metronome. The Korg
even has a small bit of memory to record a quicky backing track to the drums!

I have the Korg and I take it everywhere!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-VAMP-2-Amp-Modeler?sku=480674

behringer V-AMP 2

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toneworks-Pandora-PX4D-Personal-MultiEffect-Processor?sku=152176

Korg Pandora

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toneworks-Pandora-PX4D-Personal-MultiEffect-Processor?sku=152176

Line 6 POD

i prefer to have stuff like these things when i travel, cuz you can leave them on table tops and dont have to worry about someone tripping over them and breaking them or anything like that. but i also would recommend the new VOX DA5 portable amp. i've got one and its great for late night jamming and recording.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by jj1565
haha, oh man thats steep.

Wonder how many they are selling at THAT price?
At that price, they don't need to sell many!
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!