will it be OK if i use a lower gauge strings for a Ovation Celebrity that runs on .012 steel strings?
how low? ur neck will straighten out a bit. not a big deal if u know how to adjust it.
if its not too big a change then u might not notice.
too much and ull pick up a little fret buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no 10 will be fine.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Ok, so it wouldn't make a diff if i put .010's or .011s? itll just adjust itself by its own right?
ye but if you get some buzz just tighten the truss rod a bit. but just try it out it wont harm ur guitar
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
yeah.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yeah just a joke... you probably shouldn't give your truss rod two full turns if you like your guitar to have an un-broken neck.
haha SNAP

well basically its sposed to be 1/8 turn at a time, so about 45 degrees. but keep cheking the neck and retuing to make sure you hit the right amount
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar