Hi all,

I own an Ibanez Artcore AK85, if you dont know what the hell im talking about check them out here:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html

Anyway in the time iv been here i havnt seen ANY threads on archtops/hollow body electrics. WHY? They are awesome, and they look like sex . I personally love my Ibanez, its a dream to play, anyone else share my love?

Or any crits of these guitars would be welcomed, i admit i am bias.

EDIT: feel free to post pics of your gear
Last edited by JerrySeinfeld at Jun 1, 2006,
ive definetly been suprised how good ibanez can make jazz boxes, i know a number of good musicians in my area that rely on them, of course most people on this site are more bent towards metal
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
actually ive seen a few raves for them jerry. but this section probably gets more shred-ibanez/metal schecter fans.

anyway i think they are the sex as well, good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeh i dont like their x-tone series either. im talking esp's that arent available to americans such as the rs
eW, artcore, hate the shape and the make, looks old and grumpy...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh i dont like their x-tone series either. im talking esp's that arent available to americans such as the rs

Hmm....i live in England and iv never seen one. Perhaps you could post a pic?
Hi itried 1 & fell in love plays well above its dollar value (& in my opinion better than plenty, that cost a WHOLE lot more) I had 2 put 1 on Lay-Buy then & there. Well 2 b honest i went home went online & spent 5 days chasing the best deal, thats about as then & there as it gets 4 me these days, saved $212 AUD on the original price i got quoted. The color scheme took me by surprise & i think they r sex on a stick as well.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
^^^ Sweet guitar... I love those too.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
cmon you had to bring back a dead thread. i guess its alright since its only 1 month since last reply but you could of had created a new thread /end rant. ps thats a nice guitar with the colour contrast
I'm getting the artcore bass when I've got the cash. Semis are great.
do you miss it? cos im still waiting for mine to arrive but considering selling to fund another pedal
Well while we're on the topic of Ibanez' lesser known guitars...

I've been wanting the AR300BS or AR300HS myself... The only deterrent is the fact the body is made out of mahogany... Buh.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I bought one this thursday and played it so much that i've had about 3 hours of sleep since

I tried out a couple because i keep reading so many good reviews on Ibanez hollow bodies. I can't remember the types i tried but they were all pretty good. Even the cheapest one he had, which was 350 euros, didn't feel or sound like a cheapo guitar at all and i was amazed by the general quality of these Artcores.

Eventually i bought the semi-hollow AS-83. It was pretty cheap as well (450 euros; less than $500) and for that you get a very decent, versatile guitar that sounds very warm and creamy through a good tube amp but also sounds good when overdriven, has a pretty fast neck and looks fantastic. That's one more thing i noticed about the Artcores: they all have flawless finishes and bindings.

This is my AS-83:
Attachments:
Ibanez_AS83-VLS_2.jpg