OMG! yesterday i went to my first clapton concert and it just was incredible! the best concert i've ever seen so far! the robert cray band played before clapton, i think it was a great choice for choosing him as opening act. robert cray played up straight blues with magnificant soloing and incredible songs.

clapton opened up with 2 less known songs, but it was perfect for opening. the rest of the concert was amazing, he played numbers of derek and the dominos and his solo work ofcourse. it was even better than i expected! i knew it was gonna be awesome because of derek trucks playing in his band but this just blew me away! here are a couple of songs they played:

layla, let it rain, bell bottom blues, cocaine, i am yours, crossroads (last song, with robert cray joining them on stage), after midnight, why does love got to be so sad, wonderful tonight and many more!

please share your opinons on the european tour or something else
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
I've grown to like Clapton and his numerous bands. All I can say about the concert is that you're hella lucky
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
seeing him in september.....or so my father says.....

he works at a radio station so ive got free tickets to a whole bunch of concerts, David Bowie, PAUL McCARTNEY, John Mellencamp, John Fogerty, Lynyrd Skynyrd
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I saw him in sheffield a coupla weeks ago, and god it was good!!!
Highlight for me was clapton and bramhall singing 'anyday' together. But the opener ('Pretending', off Journeyman by the way threadstarter) was awesome too.
I'm not a huge clapton fan, but that's still awesome. He's an amazing guitarist.
I envy you.

And I evny bluewilliams even more since that was the concert I missed out on going to .
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
I'm going to see him September 21. Woot.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
I saw him Birmingham about 2 weeks ago. Pretty damn good. And thought Robert Cray was brilliant. Brilliant guitarist and solos and really made me think about how much distortion i was using. Thought Clapton was also very good although i don't like his newer stuff so much. Also the other musicians were pretty good with the drummer and slide guitarist deserving special praise imo.
Seeing him October 10th

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by skydogzoso1986
here are a couple of songs they played:

layla, let it rain, bell bottom blues, cocaine, i am yours, crossroads (last song, with robert cray joining them on stage), after midnight, why does love got to be so sad, wonderful tonight and many more!
first off, Let it Rain is a GREAT great song. Second, which After Midnight, the slower bluesy one or the uptempo version?
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
the uptempo version, so the one that's on the album. let it rain was done perfectly too, with all musicians taking their part of doing a solo, i wish the show never ended!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Robert Cray is better then clapton in every aspect of music.

Better voice
Better guitarist
Better at Blues
Better at pop songs
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by skydogzoso1986
the uptempo version, so the one that's on the album. let it rain was done perfectly too, with all musicians taking their part of doing a solo, i wish the show never ended!
awesome! The uptempo version > the slower, bluesy version. I have to try and get some tickets when he comes around in September.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Nice! I definatly look forward to seeing him September 26th! I hope he has a similar setlist, because those songs are amazing.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
I happened to get lucky enough to see Clapton playin with Cream at Madison Square Garden when they reunited a while back. He truly is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen play, and I've seen some pretty good ones. After that concert I had a new-found respect for him.
Quote by Maet
The Niggers took them all to build their crappy huts in africa and Detroit...

"Member of Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"
i always had a lot of respect for him, but i think it's just such a beautiful thing he respects the audience and fans and doesn't get too arrogant about the whole thing, the same thing goes for derek trucks and all the rest of the band. they're all just one of the best musicians and just seem so spontanious. i also saw bob dylan last year and he was just too arrogant about the fans and everything, didn't even care about them. i still have respect for bob dylan, he still remains one of the best, but i definitely like to see more of clapton's attitude than dylan's
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
I saw him in manchester last month and thought it was pretty poor to be honest..

i mean come on, 13 people in his band? you wouldnt have noticed if he walked of half way through.. robert cray on the other hand was amazing.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
I saw him in manchester last month and thought it was pretty poor to be honest..

i mean come on, 13 people in his band? you wouldnt have noticed if he walked of half way through.. robert cray on the other hand was amazing.

Have you heard of a band called "The Yarbirds"? Ive seen a concert where there were like 30 musician on stage, its just Clapton style.

And, about the thread.. just look at my user name :P...
Quote by God_Clapton
Have you heard of a band called "The Yarbirds"? Ive seen a concert where there were like 30 musician on stage, its just Clapton style.

And, about the thread.. just look at my user name :P...

What yardbirds are you talking about?
Quote by fronkpies
What yardbirds are you talking about?

If you're a classic rock fan you have to listen to the Yardbirds, maybe the best rock band ever: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page on guitars... Follow...

Here is something from the early ages of the Yardbirds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfuOSHVIow&search=yardbird

Clapton eventually left them, however they used to get togheter and jam a lil with another musicians, like...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZ-V8B8PGk&search=eric%20clapton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1LS1JcgTA&search=eric%20clapton

I know who the yardbirds are...

And they were never in the band at the same time, clapton > beck > page
Quote by fronkpies
I know who the yardbirds are...

And they were never in the band at the same time, clapton > beck > page

You're right.. if you are talking about the beginnings of the band, which were pretty lame by the way... specially after clapton left. But i was talking about the Yardbirds reunions after Clapton became succesfull and rich, when Page and Beck really knew how to rock as you can see in these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8S78T9LdM&search=yardbird%20clapton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZ-V8B8PGk&search=clapton%20page%20beck
Quote by God_Clapton
You're right.. if you are talking about the beginnings of the band, which were pretty lame by the way... specially after clapton left. But i was talking about the Yardbirds reunions after Clapton became succesfull and rich, when Page and Beck really knew how to rock as you can see in these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8S78T9LdM&search=yardbird%20clapton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZ-V8B8PGk&search=clapton%20page%20beck

All that video shows is that page is clearly past it.
jeff beck and jimmy page used to play in the yardbirds together for a while. it really doesn't bother mee seeing 13 people on stage, it's not very simple for all to play together, which shows how brilliant they are on their variation of soloing and playing rhytm or singin. if you look at the last waltz there's like 20 people on stage at the ending, and it all works great. i think doyle was a bit too much at the clapton concert because of the presence of trucks, but he did his job nice too
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box