Page 1 of 2
Green Day Cover Contest.

Rules.
1. All you have to do is record a cover version of the song, it can be a full cover band
or just your self or even you playing all the parts it's all up to you.
2. get your entrys in to this thread by the 15 june midnight judging will take place by
three people i have 2 of them if any of you would like to judge the entrys as well
let me know and add me on msn messanger "startskyandgraham@yahoo.co.uk"
Fender Stratocaster
Crafter By Cruiser Acustic Guitar
20 WATT Amp
P.O.D 2.0
Ernie Ball Super Slinky Strings
I'm just going to post somthing , just for the sake of supporting green day, because this is too sad how everyone seems to be ignoring this contest.

I would do one but I just can't...
im in. ill judge or compete. i guess icant really do noth though :P . i could definitely see this not getting off the ground though....unfortunately. ill post something anyway soon.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
I'll do She.

But, shouldn't we at least let the RHCP Cover Contest end first?
green day, oh God how i miss the old green day so much not having 5 year olds listening to them and say a rapper or something, and all these posers etc... pick another band who has never been in this situation.. 119 views and 10 responses not cool you think?

not trying to be mean but yeah.....
Quote by Maxwell Bass
green day, oh God how i miss the old green day so much not having 5 year olds listening to them and say a rapper or something, and all these posers etc... pick another band who has never been in this situation.. 119 views and 10 responses not cool you think?

not trying to be mean but yeah.....

Metallica fans are worse than Green Day fans.
I may do one...Can I just record the guitar without vocals, bass or drums? I don't have a band and can't sing for sh*t.

I can play guitar though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by xgrindcorex

I 100% agree with you.
Gear:
Custom Dean Avalanche
Fender Squire Stratocaster
Squire 22 W Amp.
Line 6 Spider II 112 75 W
Quote by ChopSuey!!
i got holiday

Biatch.

I would do American Idiot but without the drum solo in the chorus it'll sound, wrong.

And I haven't really learnt many Green Day songs (Powerchords can get boring to play after a while) other than them.
Damn.

Hmmm, I might go learn another song to enter in this but might not. So don't count me in yet, but I might enter
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Ha, woo yeah. I'll take Warning (Forgot how easy that song was - and that I knew it)

Can anyone do the drums for me?

I'll get in this we will do welcome to paridise and should i just post a link to a site where you can download it?
Quote by xgrindcorex

haha, i like Metallica.. but you're right, some people take a decent band waay too far
personally id go for JoS if you wanna tackle a 9 min song... homecoming just.... i dunno. i think JoS is just better.
I just finished my cover of Homecoming. Click my link to Dmusic in my sig and listen I spent like 3 hours recording it.
I'll do a 1 guitar cover of Time Of Your Life.

Back soon!
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
^ Is it just me, or do I remember having heard a cover of that song from you before?
Quote by SuperSnake2012
I just finished my cover of Homecoming. Click my link to Dmusic in my sig and listen I spent like 3 hours recording it.

put some bass in your distortion.
I'd like to judge. I am a HUUUGGE green day fan and i feel i would have a very good, unbiased judgement for this competition. in other words.......PLEASE!!!! lol.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
I know my contest failed... yet agin sorry... but You have no command on the rules, and there is no way to know how this all is gunna go down... close this, dude.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by yawn
^ Is it just me, or do I remember having heard a cover of that song from you before?

yes you have. I'll just wanna redo the vocals for it. I thought the instruments sounded good. But, i might not do it, i'm kinda busy these days, we'll see. I've basically covered every Green Day song, lol.

edit: oh, no contest now??!

oh well
No it wasn't Gibson06 that started the contest, he just randomly came in and said to close this :S

I did a Jesus of Suburbia a little while ago-but it wasnt very good. i might redo it and enter. depends if I can get a good recording. put me down for it, but theres a little chance I wont be able to do it.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
Sweet! Thank you good sir, you've saved my ass!

So is this contest still on? My recording's done and I've got it saved as a WAV file, so lemme know when you want it (Though I expect I might redo some of the vocals yet, not sure).

i got a video of my band doing american idiot, but i dont know if i can send u it cos i dont think it would let me
Page 1 of 2