i was wondering how can you tell if the bar in the neck of a guitar needs to be fixed?
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
you mean the truss rod?
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
i think you mean truss rod and the only need to be adjusted in extreme cases of action problems and neck bows.
Quote by el_strato
you mean the truss rod?

yes that exactly what i mean...i completly blanked on the name of it when i wrote this.
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
The truss rod is NOT used to adjust the action. It is used to add or remove "relief", or bow, to the neck. To check the relief quickly, hold down a string at the first and last frets. There should be between .15 and .5 mm of space between the string and the 7th fret. Some people like more, it's relief a personal preference thing. If you have too much space, turn the truss rod 1/4 turn clockwise, let it sit for 20 minutes, and remeasure. Repeat if necessary but always let the neck sit and never turn the rod more than 1/4 turn at a time. Turn it counterclockwise to add relief (if there isn't enough of a bow).
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.