I'm looking to buy a 2x12 first so I can use it at home, worship services and band practices for a while and then buying a 4x12 to use with the 2x12 at shows and just using the 4x12 alone at band practices. I'm planning on buying a used JCM2000 DSL50 off of Ebay, for the record. I'm not really leaning towards Marshall cabs due to the fact they're so over-priced due to the name brand. I was kinda leaning towards Carvins due to the fact they sound like Marshalls and are built better.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Well, it seems like you've already got things planned out pretty well. Although, for cabs, I'd also suggest taking a look into Avatar, and they are really good quality cabs, and very generously priced.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
I forgot to include I was also leaning towards getting a Mesa 4x12 and 2x12 via Ebay.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Mesa's are good quality cabs,but a 2x12 and a 4x12 Avatar with V30's will be just as good, and cost about 1/4 of the price.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
The only two things I don't like about Avatars are: 1) They aren't visually pleasing to me. They just seem... ugly, despite the reports that they have great tone. And 2) I can't really try out Avatar's. I'm very weary about not trying something out before I buy it haha.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Ambulance X
I forgot to include I was also leaning towards getting a Mesa 4x12 and 2x12 via Ebay.

Yet you think Marshall is overpriced? Hypocrisy!

Carvin or avatar would be good, Genz Benz are nice too if you can afford them... Although it appears to me as though you've already made your mind up?

Seriously don't rule out avatar because of the look, most of the cabs sound is from the speakers and you won't get the same speakers at the same price.. But if you value looks more than value go for something else.. Laney would also be a good budget choice if you get one of the ones with V30s.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
My beef with Marshalls are that although they sound good, they are completely over priced because of the name. They have a number of flaws, including the fact that they're built like crap. Now with Mesa and Carvin, I know for a fact they have a great track record cab-wise. I'm still a little shaky on Avatar, though. The 2x12 cabs look good, but the 4x12 cabs are... eh. The only thing that I'm a little bugged by is the fact that the head is larger length-wise than the Carvin and Avatar cabs. But I was thinking about getting a rackmount with casters to put the head on the ground. I've been paranoid about it falling off ever since that happened to my friend's Dual Recto at a show when he was using a cab smaller than the head and he kinda bumped it.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Dude the Avatar Straight Carpet cab with the cloth instead of tolex is the same dimensions as a traditional recto cab
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Really? I didn't even bother to check it out. What's the tone difference between tolex and carpet cabs?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Im gonna say none but im not 100% it can only be a slight difference and i know from experience that Avatar Cabs are very well built as i have one and it sound samazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join