10 A
9 E
7 A
9 F#
-

1 - b3 - b7 in F# = F#m7
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
I don't see a G#.
-
10 A
9 E
7 A
9 F#
-

1 - b3 - b7 in F# = F#m7

no i ment otherwise it has no g# in it
thx for the help
I'll check for you. I was going to say its called looking it up but here we go. {typing in address bar............www.jguitar.com} {clicking on chord namer} {entering the chord} {getting the answer}
F#m7 aka F# Minor 7th
Esus2sus4/F# aka E/F# Suspended 2nd Suspended 4th
^^Ya thats just what jguitar gave me. Sometimes for some reason it will give you a second name for a chord. Go figure.
Yeah, it's technically correct.. But it's redicilous to call it that because it's a lot more difficult than F#m7
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
it's just an inversion of an Aadd9, and is written A/F#. a lot of these chord inversions are used especially with combining bass and guitar.
Quote by gynther flynt
it's just an inversion of an Aadd9, and is written A/F#. a lot of these chord inversions are used especially with combining bass and guitar.

How would you call it Aadd9, there is no 9. F#m7 is the best description, it lacks a fifth but that isnt important harmonically and is often omitted, eg the hendrix chord 7#9, is similarly voiced and lacks a 5.
Quote by gynther flynt

I don't see a 9 from A...

EDIT: woops, beat beat me.
Looking for my India/Django.