The Amp in question is a Crate Palomino V16 Tube combo.

A few days ago I turn my amp on and let it warm up. About 20 or so minutes later I heard a loud pop followed by severe static. I shut the amp of, turned it back on and the static returns. Adjusting volume, gain, EQ, etc. has no effect on the static - It's constant and loud and it's the same regardless of the guitar I have plugged in.

I can render a guess that it's probably a blown tube, but I would like to hear your advice/opinions on the problem so that I don't spend any unnecessary cash.

Thanks in advance!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Would you say it's a blown Pre Amp tube or Power tube or etc. ?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
If anyone could assist, I would appreciate it
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Look at your tubes. 2 ways to tell which tube is defective. First, when you turn the amp on, does any of the tubes surge or turn a different color than the rest? Let it warm up, and check for the same thing. Most tubes should glow orange. If it's blue, it's bad. The other thing you can do is take the eraser end of a pencil or your fingernail and tap the tubes while the amp is on and the standby is disengaged. If you hear extraneous noise through the speaker, that's your bad tube. And remember, with power tubes, always replace them in pairs.

If none of the above works: Buy 2 power tubes and a preamp tube. Switch out the power tubes and see if the sound goes away. If it doesn't, replace the preamp tubes one at a time with the new one, see if the sound goes away. But try the other methods first.
Hi, I'm Peter
I have taken the tubes out of the amplifier and observed them - there's no cracking, discoloration or anything of that nature. In fact, they look good as new. However, I know in this respect appearences can be decieving.

Anyways, before I removed them, I observed the power tubes whilst the amplifier was on and not in standby, both exibited the same bright red glow. I couldn't see the three preamp tubes as they were held in place by a metal tube with a spring which covered the glass.

I've heard so many horror stories about unlucky civilians and their meddling with tube amps which result in death, so I've been somewhat skiddish about trying out those testing methods. I got this thing with death, it's just not me Per your advice, I will check them this weekend for those anomolies you mentioned - That way I'll have company over to slug me in the chest incase my heart stops
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Just become the one-armed man when doing any work on your amp. Never handle the amp with two hands at once, that way if you get zapped, it won't kill you. But as long as you just touch the glass tube and whatever's locking them in place, you should be ok.
Hi, I'm Peter
Just to give an update:

Checked the tubes as suggested (tapping them whilst they are on and warm) found out the power tubes, when tapped, would alter the static. I replaced these tubes and the amp sprang back to life! Thank you to all those who contributed.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
It's always nice to know when an amp problem has an easy solution
Hi, I'm Peter
Tube amps do require more maintenance than solid state due to the more delicate nature of tubes. Stuff like this happens though. It's good that you were able to solve the problem so easily.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor