SGRipper
UG Senior Member
533 IQ
I thoght it was ok, the three drummers on We Will Rock You, and Godsmack was good wit h Judas Priest, but what other bands should have been there?
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
I only caught the second hour with Def Leppard and Kiss. I wasnt terribly impressed with either tribute performances. All-American Rejects are seriously a disgrace to music. The Kiss tribute could have been better also. Slash sounded pretty sloppy. The real Def Leppard was pretty good though. I caught the end of the NBA game instead of watching Kiss...

And since when does Jamie Presley try to sound black? She is HOT no doubt, but she sounds like an idiot.
hepzibahbaptist
Soupy
1,790 IQ
i agree^
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
RandyRhoads=God
UG's Padawan In Deniel
92 IQ
I thought the whole thing sucked.........Godsmack ruined Hell Bent for Leather.And whats with queen and 3 drummers?
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
I thought the best part was kiss' performance. A.A.R. were probably the best tribute doing Def Leppard, even though their regular music isnt that great. Also, that guy who did the vocals for Queen was pretty bad but it might just be because noone else sounds like Freddie Mercury.
SGRipper
UG Senior Member
533 IQ
Yeah, only Priest was pretty good the rest wasn't anything too special, but its a good idea.
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
slash was sloppy....but pulled it together at the end...

but i coudln't help but laugh at the all american rejects...there guitarist really thought he was the stuff.

the guy barely pulled off one of the most basic solos ever written during the classic/80's rock era. then why would you get a squeeky voiced clown sing a song sung by a guy with so much more range and personality in the way he sings.

p.s. rob zombies voice grated on me the entire song...i couldn't enjoy the decent guitar playing because he just kept screaming and crap...when slash started his solo i never heard the first 1/4 of it cause of that.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
CornLord
¡Ayúdame, estoy en fuego!
24 IQ
I learned that I don't like Paul Rodgers's voice at all.

Judas Priest was pretty good but Rob Halford's vocals were a little off (and he's usually excellent, even live).

Scott Ian jumping around like a maniac with the hatchet bass during the KISS tribute was pretty funny. Why was he playing bass anyway? They should have put him on guitar instead of Gilby Clarke and gotten someone else to play bass.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
Quote by CornLord
I learned that I don't like Paul Rodgers's voice at all.

Judas Priest was pretty good but Rob Halford's vocals were a little off (and he's usually excellent, even live).

Scott Ian jumping around like a maniac with the hatchet bass during the KISS tribute was pretty funny. Why was he playing bass anyway? They should have put him on guitar instead of Gilby Clarke and gotten someone else to play bass.

yeah i know...i was confused as to why he was playing bass...

and who the hell is gilby clark? the 2nd rhythm guitarist for GNR...come on.

they'd of done better getting duff mckagen to play bass and let scott play guitar if they just had to have mediocre (compared to other great rock musicians from that time period) musicians up there.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
p.s.

i don't think gilby clark has aged a day since his early GNR's days....he looks good still...good for him
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
CornLord
24 IQ
Quote by bonchie1
they'd of done better getting duff mckagen to play bass and let scott play guitar if they just had to have mediocre (compared to other great rock musicians from that time period) musicians up there.

Scott Ian isn't mediocre, at least I don't think so. Anthrax is a great band.
Quote by bigwillie
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
Quote by CornLord
Scott Ian isn't mediocre, at least I don't think so. Anthrax is a great band.

did you read the () i put? in noway did i mean mediocre in that way. i meant compared to the likes of other great rock lead guitarists out there.

in the same way duff is a great bassist...but there are def. better ones out there they could get. thats what my analogy meant.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Skid61490
31 IQ
All American rejects suck, why do alot off people like them? seriously they got nothing on nobody and their guitarist isnt good but thinks hes randy rhoads or something. It was ok and yes slash was sloppy, 3 drummers? i think they overdid that one. Kiss werent good at all.
CornLord
24 IQ
Quote by bonchie1
did you read the () i put? in noway did i mean mediocre in that way. i meant compared to the likes of other great rock lead guitarists out there.

in the same way duff is a great bassist...but there are def. better ones out there they could get. thats what my analogy meant.

I get it now, it just confused me before. Thanks for clarifying.
Quote by bigwillie
JkHalen
175 IQ
Well..I missed All American Rejects I was waiting all night to see 'em play..would've been a really nice laugh anyways, Def Lepard's lead guitar was trying too much to get the attention and even though he did 1 or 2 dive bombs on the guitar, he was pretty sloppy when he was kinda soloin at the end of "Rock of Ages"(I think it was Rock of Ages). I didn't like Queen much with Rodger's vocals but Priest was pretty good.
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
^---

yeah def's guitarist was almost coming off as a jerk the way he was trying to steal the spotlight. he looked more goofy then cool.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
malmsteen61
UG's jim morrison fanatic
182 IQ
all american rejects pretty much suck but im gonna stick up for them just cuz theyre from oklahoma

and i always thought kiss was over rated in the first place

and priest was great
SGRipper
UG Senior Member
533 IQ
Another Thing coming and Breaking te law, and i think another song i don't know.
JkHalen
175 IQ
^ um..no that was judas priest... rofl the rejects played def lepard covers..
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
DistortionDemon
120 IQ
AAR played Photograph.

I was disgusted.

Also, you can tell that the show was geared for KISS. It might as well've been KISS Honors.

Also, KISS was the only band there with all the original members.
SGRipper
UG Senior Member
533 IQ
Quote by JkHalen
^ um..no that was judas priest... rofl the rejects played def lepard covers..

Ooops......
Rock 24/7
Banned
40 IQ
I think Priest had all their original members, too. It was a pretty good show, but am I the only one who noticed that Godsmack didn't pull any lead solos off of the covers for "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Electric Eye?"
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
none of the performances were very good except for judas preist
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Mascot
UG Addict
894 IQ
I watched some band doing a tribute to Priest, and the guitarist had a wall of Diezel's behind him. And his tone still sucked.

That's all I saw, though.
PooKoo
UG Spammer
662 IQ
Quote by Rock 24/7
I think Priest had all their original members, too. It was a pretty good show, but am I the only one who noticed that Godsmack didn't pull any lead solos off of the covers for "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Electric Eye?"

and those were easy solos.
scheck006
202 IQ
**** man, I even saw a little news blurb about godsmack. they said they had to try so hard to pull off the original priest material and now you say they didn't even do the solos? this is the kinda stuff that makes me lose faith in modern music.
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
Quote by scheck006
**** man, I even saw a little news blurb about godsmack. they said they had to try so hard to pull off the original priest material and now you say they didn't even do the solos? this is the kinda stuff that makes me lose faith in modern music.

ever notice that when a modern band covers a classic rock or 80's rock song they do an "acoustic version."

where'd all the talent go...
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Rock 24/7
Banned
40 IQ
Quote by bonchie1
ever notice that when a modern band covers a classic rock or 80's rock song they do an "acoustic version."

where'd all the talent go...

Down the drain...
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
Quote by Rock 24/7
Down the drain...

well call a plumber already...
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
gtrfrk123
R.I.P. Syd Barrett
3,477 IQ
when is rock honors on again? i missed it.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Benny989
Yo Momma
251 IQ
Quote by DistortionDemon
AAR played Photograph.

I was disgusted.

Also, you can tell that the show was geared for KISS. It might as well've been KISS Honors.

Also, KISS was the only band there with all the original members.

Acutally, KISS didn't have all their original members...where was Peter Criss? And Ace only did the tribute before them. Tommy Thayer was playing guitar for them and Eric Carr on drums. The new KISS sounds great, dont get me wrong...but its nothing without Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. Gene's a PIMP though...
Last edited by Benny989 at Jun 20, 2006,
Rock 24/7
Banned
40 IQ
Quote by gtrfrk123
when is rock honors on again? i missed it.

It may come on today. They've been showing replays of the show here lately. I'd say Priest was the only band with the original members. By the way, was AAR's lead guitarist playing Steve Clark's guitar? If so, he shouldn't have. Also, the singer really sucked on that "Photograph" song and their lead guitarist seemed like a show-off.
Last edited by Rock 24/7 at Jun 6, 2006,
Jtrocks1356
215 IQ
Quote by Benny989
Acutally, KISS didn't have all their original members...where was Peter Criss? And Ace only did the tribute before them. Tommy Thayer was playing guitar for them and Eric Carr on drums. The new KISS sounds great, dont get me wrong...but its nothing without Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. Gene's a PIMP though...

The drummer wasnt Eric Carr. He's dead. It was Eric Singer instead of Peter Criss. I found it stupid that Ace didn't just play with KISS for at LEAST this performance. I would love it if he and Peter got bak with the band.