Ok, I'm working on a p-bass and I'm putting Ken Armstrong vintage P-bass pickups in it. http://www.wdmusic.com/hot_vintage_p_bass_pickup_29700_prd1.htm

The pickguard has 3 holes, one for volume, one for tone, and one for the input jack. I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the side and putting the jack through there, freeing up a hole in the pickguard. Can anyone suggest something to put in that hole? Any suggestions at all would be good. I have no idea what to do. I'll even take out the tone pot if I can do something cool to it. I just have no idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote by moikeguitars
Ok, I'm working on a p-bass and I'm putting Ken Armstrong vintage P-bass pickups in it. http://www.wdmusic.com/hot_vintage_p_bass_pickup_29700_prd1.htm

The pickguard has 3 holes, one for volume, one for tone, and one for the input jack. I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the side and putting the jack through there, freeing up a hole in the pickguard. Can anyone suggest something to put in that hole? Any suggestions at all would be good. I have no idea what to do. I'll even take out the tone pot if I can do something cool to it. I just have no idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

You could install a kill switch. Apart from that there is not to much considering there is only one pickup.

The only other option would be to buy active pups with a preamp so you can have a multiband EQ in the toerh gaps.
A couple of resistors and inductors or capacitors and you could take out the tone and have a two-band EQ (well, a couple of band pass filters) or a single band cut you can move about the frequency of.
Quote by smb
A couple of resistors and inductors or capacitors and you could take out the tone and have a two-band EQ (well, a couple of band pass filters) or a single band cut you can move about the frequency of.

How do I go about doing that?
thumb rest....seriously, that was the one thing i left out when i rod'd my p bass and it killed me till i put one on

other than that, you can play with capacitors,resitors, etc to really flavor the sound to your liking
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"