Poll Options
View poll results: Bass or Guitar?
I prefer Bass.
9 24%
I prefer Guitar.
15 39%
I like them both equally.
6 16%
Sometimes I prefer Guitar, but sometimes I prefer Bass.
8 21%
Voters: 38.
For those of you that play both, Which instrument do you prefer more? This also includes, Contra Basses, Classical Guitars, ect.

I prefer playing bass. It may just be because I just started a month ago, but it's so fun with all the cool techniques you can do.
I'm instrumentally confused.

The bass appeals to me because I love the low end sound and I feel that I'm more inventive with it. However, as a bassist I'd rarely get to show off my chops, and I can rip a good guitar solo every now and then.

I still like bass better though, and I'm not entirely sure why.
I started on bass and I would still say I'm probably a better bassist but I haven't really played for a good year because once you get to a certain skill level, (not necessarily advanced) the guitar is genuinely expressive, and the subtle nuances of playing are wasted on even the best bass guitar. The other main factor in me saying guitar is it is a lot easier to play unaccompanied on guitar than bass and I find it a lot more pleasing to listen to solo guitar than solo bass. I also prefer the timbre of a high quality electric guitar and it has a greater range. So guitar all the way.
I find a bass to be really fun to play, and its nice to hear yourself to play because you can play some cool stuff without being advanced. But I only practise on guitar and I love what you can do with it.

I like 'em both.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Rofl, close this

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Guitar all the way!

But I still respect the Bass.
Gear:
Custom Dean Avalanche
Fender Squire Stratocaster
Squire 22 W Amp.
Line 6 Spider II 112 75 W
close this maybe no offense or anything hard dude trust me i have nothing against you =)

but close it lol
I like guitar most because of the challenge. I'm actualy better at bass, but my fingers arent big enough to play it yet and I dont like how its extremely low. Its got blaaalalaaa sound to it that i don't like.
"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, he did so by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
what about bass guitar?!?!
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
"...where do bad folks go when they die? they don't go to heaven where the angels fly, they go to a lake of fire and fright, singing again 'till the forth a july!"-Nirvana

Those are 'The Meat Puppets' Lyrics not Nirvana's

Anyways, Both are really fun.