liek the title says i want a good marshall around or under 1 thousand.. i play classic rock to metal and i need sometin that can do those .. any help is appreciated
Quote by EVH_5150
stairway to heaven has a solo?!?!
Jcm800.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Because Marshalls rock.

Check out the TSL60, you'll need an OD or something to push it to metal but it'll do classic rock and a tonne of other stuff no problem.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
i dare some1 to say MG
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Quote by Iliketapping
Atleast try other brands ENGL screamer would be suiting

he could...but if he has 1000 bucks to spend and hes willing...he can not go wrong with a jcm800 or 900 with el34s.

simply brilliant amps...the 800 is easily the most famous rock amp ever.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
how much does the jcm800 cost and where can i find it online all i see is the head
Quote by EVH_5150
If you want a decent combo, go for a Marshall DSL401, it is veyr versatile and sounds awesome.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by thefretlord
how much does the jcm800 cost and where can i find it online all i see is the head

you can get a 2x12 50 watt jcm800 combo for around 800 bucks off of ebay (probably cheaper if you bid on a few and shop around)....its louder then anything you'll ever need...it'll blow your eardrums with the master on 5. you'd need an OD for metal though. not that big of a deal.

as for the dsl401 like the guy above me suggested...i hear there good but most people prefer the tsl to the dsl...don't ask me why....someone can chime in i'm sure and answer that.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Carvin sells a mean ass Stack for 899, plays just as good as any marshall. The guitarist in my cuzins band has the SX3812 full stack system and plays an ESP and it rips it up, the tone is so warm and belts out everything from blues to heavy metal.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by bonchie1

as for the dsl401 like the guy above me suggested...i hear there good but most people prefer the tsl to the dsl...don't ask me why....someone can chime in i'm sure and answer that.

i always thought it was the other way around.
^ No.

For that price, check out a JCM800 if you can find one, or an ENGL Screamer. Don't hole yourself in with Marshalls, there are better brands for that price, unless you want a JCM800 sound. Don't bother with the modern Marshalls, andything after a JCM800 isn't a Marshall IMO.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
id say if you want marshall get marshall jcm 800s rule, TSLs are really cool and can get a metal tone without an OD pedal, i have a TSL 100 head that i love i also have a jcm 800 head that is great too, that you do need an OD to get metal tones though but covers blues, jazz and rock no prob
Alright thx for all the help. I think ill look at some jcm800s
Quote by EVH_5150
Quote by thefretlord
Alright thx for all the help. I think ill look at some jcm800s

Do you have a cab already? If not, you're wasting your time looking for a jcm800 + cab for under 1000.

Quote by Witch-king
Do you have a cab already? If not, you're wasting your time looking for a jcm800 + cab for under 1000.

i don't think he said he had to have a stack....a jcm800 combo 2x12 is just as loud as most stacks...its ridiculous how loud it is.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Has anyone bothered to hear a JCM900 with the 5881 tubes?

I ve played both types and there aint much difference and i bet most couldnt tell either.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of biased opinions on various amps and yubes without many saying exactly why.

Didnt marshall put in the 5881's to tighten up the sound of a higher gain amp 800->900.
Slightly less mid-range in my opinion, but crisper.