hi, i'm probably the newest newbie ever here, but hell, i need help
my amp broke down, well it has stopped working, sometimes, its a Laney HCM10...
i start to play and then suddenly my sound will fall away... :s
i recently got fish... and i placed their aquarium sort of above my amp, but not ON the amp, anyways, it might have gotten some drops of water on it, but that cant be bad? right? i mean i paid for this amp to be A LITLLE waterproof ... what to do? if i open the thing, ill be electrocuted (says in manual)
I go to the shop? anyways ... help please? do any of you recognise the problem?
thankyou!
Go to the shop. And it could be a lot of things going wrong. I don't wanna sound stupid, but you should check the basics...like right input and on/off switch.
And it could be from the cable jack.

Anyway just go there.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
water, bad, yes you will be electrocuted when you open it with the thing with electricity flowing through it, no electricity, no electrocution, rant over, back to guitar
^^^ No, that's not necessarily true. The capacitor in an amp can still hold enough charge, even unplugged, to kill you. Nice thought, isn't it? That's why the 1 handed amp repair method exists, so that if you do get jolted, it doesn't give the current a circuit path straight through your heart.
Hi, I'm Peter
^^^ No, that's not necessarily true. The capacitor in an amp can still hold enough charge, even unplugged, to kill you. Nice thought, isn't it? That's why the 1 handed amp repair method exists, so that if you do get jolted, it doesn't give the current a circuit path straight through your heart.

didn't know that......good info.

anyway, to the original poster.....take it to a shop and have them look it over. could be something really simple or it could be something more complicated. and besides, if your amp is fairly new, and you bought it brand new, the manufacturers warranty may cover whatever the problem is.
jeeeeej thank you, ill go to the shop and play the little innocent girl and maybe they wont charge for reperation; but its probably the input plughole like you've mentioned:p, but what sucky quality i say
xxx thanks a lot Emma