Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
there are only about 10000000000 threads about this.

Good amp. what are you playing
Sure you can use an attenuator on a combo. I'd get them, both very useful.
i play alot of motley crue and classic rock. stuff like that. i was looking at the zakk wylde over-drive
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Quote by curtis loew
i play alot of motley crue and classic rock. stuff like that. i was looking at the zakk wylde over-drive

you'll need the attenouter so you can actually get a good decent lead tone out of that amp...as with almost all tube amps they don't start naturally distoring til there cranked (they do before hand but individual notes still are not full for soloing).
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Overdrive, yes!

Attenuator, you'd have to slightly mod the amp to get it to work with one.

you don't have to do anything....most tube amp combos have the speakers plug into the back of the head by a 1/4 inch plug. pretty sure the traynor does to.

you simply go amp speaker out = attenuater = speaker plug to speakers.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
^ what he said.

I bought a weber attenuator a while ago for my traynor combo and I've had absolutely no problems with it. No modding needed, all I needed to do was get a 1/4" extension cable (the ones with a male and female connections) cause the cable from the speaker to the amp was too short.

EDIT: I would also suggest getting a speaker motor attenuator. I'm not sure which one your thinking of getting but this is the one I got for my 40wtt traynor, and it would work fine with yours. But they do have more models and some with more features.

https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/weber/minimass.htm
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Jun 1, 2006,
so i could just take it to a guitar shop to get an attenuator put in?
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, you don't need to get an attenuator put in. HOld on a sec I'll ge a pic of mine.

EDIT:

the attenuator on top of my amp

The white cable goes from the attenuator's input to the 1/4" speaker connection to the amp. The black cable goes from the attenuators output to the speakers.

White cable going to amps speaker input.

Black cable connected to the speakers, the chrome silver and blues cable is the cable connected to the speakers.
Hai UG!
^Awesome, well done sir.
Is that a weber minimass or...?

Edit: Just read the other posts. Enlightened.
^ thanks did I explain it properly, does it make sense? JUst worried if I missed something or whatever.
Hai UG!
How is the Minimass? I just ordered one, but havn't got it yet. I've heard good things though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
It's friggin amazing I love it to death, fantastic tube overdrive. It works great with my traynor and my Blues junior. Easy to set up and very easy to use, when I want to switch to the BJ is just a flick of the ohm switch and then connect the cables. The only thing that's weird about it is that the knob sticks out a lot futher then I thought it would.... what I mean is that the shaft is pretty long. LOL and I'm not talking about the minmass ohhhh*buddum tiss*.... but it is longer then it should be I think.
Hai UG!