song is tuned to eb solo is in eb minor hexatonic (e minor pentatonic position with an added f# (f in the song)
Im gonna Say its Em Pentatonic. IM still new to the whole theory thing but im pretty sure thats what it is.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Hmmm, so those C#s are out of key?

(14th fret B string, during the pull off run)
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
metallica focuses on Em, just listen to every song.., whether if its minor, harmonic or melodic..they stay in the key of Em..Kirk just uses the pitch axis theory..
" A mistake is just an unwanted result ."
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, so those C#s are out of key?

(14th fret B string, during the pull off run)

nope..hes just using it as a passing tone..it gives some flavor to the usual scale your using for the solo though..
" A mistake is just an unwanted result ."
I'd say a mix between a E Minor and a Harmonic Minor, the 11's on the G are in the Harmonic but the 12's on the D are in Minor, so maybe both?
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

So I can just use Eb minor?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by joshnerez
metallica focuses on Em, just listen to every song.., whether if its minor, harmonic or melodic..they stay in the key of Em..Kirk just uses the pitch axis theory..

Sorry for stealing the thread but what is this pitch axis theory
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by wiki
Pitch Axis Theory is a technique used in constructing chord progressions. The tonic, or root, is used as the bass note, and melodic scales are chosen according to the chords that lie beneath them.

Been away, am back