What songs can you reccommend that has a few good sweep arpeggios? Doesn't matter what key, i just need some.

Also, if you could reccommend some metal guitar players too (their style) as well, it would be nice.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
mohammed (crazy turkish last name) of necrophagist has huge balls as he proves again and again in tracks like "stabwound", "seven" and "foul body autopsy"...

EDIT: forgive my inability to speak english.
smoosh
Marty Freidman

Give some Cacophony or even some Megadeth a try...Very fun if you can play that ****.

...I cant
The sweeps at the end of This Godless Endeavor kick the proverbial ass.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Testament. Sweet solos. Skolnick & Peterson are the names to remember. Then we have good ol' Arch Enemy with the Amott Brothers on all records up to date.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by LedZeppelin
AMEN TO THAT BRO!!

Wintersun - Beyond the Dark Sun has some gnarly-assed sweeping too.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I second that.

First time I heard Nevermore I just about creamed in my proverbial jeans. lol.

Loomis = God

Marty Friedman is great too. Too bad I can't play like them though.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
i love the sweeps in the solo for "Engines of Hate" by nevermore its fast as hell, but it just sounds so damn good
How Could I Forget...

SHITSTORM!!
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Dechristianize solo is excellent if your beginning sweeping...it has fairly basic arpeggio shapes, just the speed and picking pattern are a bit more advanced.
Symphony X has some cool sweeps. Try the intro to Smoke and Mirrors. The guitarist is Michael Romeo.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Dragonforce!

I saw one of their videos the other day and I nearly fell out of bed watching Herman Li liquify the fretboard. I didn't realize how good he was. Hot christ!
Read my post. Not this.
Allan Holdsworth and his legato sweeping is ****ing awesome. Some of Steve Vai's sweeping is preety insane eg. Eugenes Trick Bag. The first arpeggios are insane. Romero is insane too. Buckethead knows how to sweep aswell.

Suggestions of shapes:
Diminished 5 strings
Harmonic Minor 6 string
Harmonic Majors are fun aswell, no matter how many strings.
nevermore- psalm of lydia
vital remains- dechristianize

are the first 2 things that come to mind

oh, and

fury of the storm- dragonforce
sonata arctica- wolf and raven
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Frobbage
I third this.

You lot are forgetting the start of The Psalm Of Lydia. EDIT: ^ Damn....

First Strike is Deadly - Testament. Unfortunately the sweeping is mainly going down, but its so beautiful i just don't care.

The sweeps in the Glass Prison by Dream Theater.

Quote by megadave_49
i love the sweeps in the solo for "Engines of Hate" by nevermore its fast as hell, but it just sounds so damn good

I'm learning that.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Last edited by Jakeylee111 at Jun 2, 2006,
Quote by LedZeppelin

Truth. The sweeps to the start of Psalm of Lydia destroy faces too

Edit: Oh well
Quote by nish
Paul Gilbert man. or even some Petrucci.

For JP, The Glass Prison, approximately 2:20 seconds in. Makes me grin.

EDIT: Already done...but at least you know how far into the song the runs are now :\
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
some metal sweeps I can think of...

Alot of necrophagist, CoB, Nevermore, Beneath the Massacre!, Between the Buried and Me, Sleep Terror...
R.I.P. Dimebag!

BuildTheMusic - Join Up! Acquire The Knowledge.
Jeff Loomis, Marty Friedman, Karl Sanders/Dallas Toller-Wade, Muhammed Suicmez, Idk, the list goes on...

Go ask this in the Technique thread in the Shred Forum. There are plenty of regs there who would be willing to help you out in explicit detail. (Including me)
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
^ o.O Oh noes...xcore...!!!!

*Stabs user who posted the aforementioned*

Quote by Gman400
Symphony X has some cool sweeps. Try the intro to Smoke and Mirrors. The guitarist is Michael Romeo.

I second that. Sea of Lies is quite tha riff. Also, not sure exactly which songs, but try some Stratovarius.
I've found Jesus
Between The Buried and Me, not metal? I couldnt give a ****. Their sweeps are beautiful, original, and technical as hell. And they're pretty damn close to being metal anyway. Songs I reccomend for sweeps, 'Alaska', 'Selkies: The Endless Obsession' and 'Aesthetic'.

Also Necrophagist, Nevermore, Beneath The Massacre, Dragonforce, Sleep Terror.
Quote by phantom lord363
yesssss, Herman Li <3

And as so many have said...JP
Do you people realise that "/thread over", translated, means "End thread over"? Essentially, you just used a double-negative, saying that the thread should go on.

*is bored and can't sleep*
Quote by <><
Do you people realise that "/thread over", translated, means "End thread over"? Essentially, you just used a double-negative, saying that the thread should go on.

Shush
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Shush

/shush

Quote by <><

And its 10 in the morning here, now i understand why posting is so slow when i am at school
Last edited by Davidian at Jun 12, 2006,
Valley of the Damed by Dragonforce and This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore. The two fastest sweeps ive ever heard
I Return to Serenity

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley