I know that everybody on the site hates these posts but here I go. I just graduated from high school and have gotten some cash. I have $900 to buy another guitar and I have narrowed it down to two, Ibanez prestige RGA121 or the musicians friend and guitar center all mahogony les paul studio. I love the sound of both guitars but its so hard to choose between the two. I was hoping some of you had personal experience with these guitars. I would love to hear pros and cons. Help is much appreciated. Thanks
joshuaestock.com
I would get rga121 anytime. Simply because i love wizard necks and the maple top on the rga121 is 0.0
I've heard that these new Vintage Studios are quite good, and they come with Burstbuckers like on Standards. They might not have have binding or fancy finishes, but one thing is sure that they're gonna sound realy good.

If i had the same choices i'd get the LP, I already own too many ibanezes.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Gibson!
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
if you really want another les paul then go for the gibson
but I would buy the Ibanez just to have something different from what I already have
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
^Where did you get epi from?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by CustomCustom
you cant compare an Epi to a Prestige get the 121 in violin flat

Yeah... he didn't mention Epi :P

In his signature, he's already got a Gibson Les Paul, so maybe go for something different? I.e Ibanez.
sorry Id take this over teh MF $849 Les Paul since you have one and you can play all the frets easily with this one.
The only thing I don't love about the MF LP is the 50's neck. Other than that it's a dream.
"It's easier to believe than it is to think. Hence we have far more believers than thinkers."-?
"Ive been busted, discusted and couldn't be trusted"-Woody Guthrie
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Epi LP Standard Plus Flame Top
Depends on your style.

If you wants a blazing neck, excellent upper fret access, and an amazing tone with some great looks as well, get the RGA.....

Oh yes, IBZFANBOY!~!
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
RGA121 ftw
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
#1 reason that I think you should get the RGA121:
You already have a Gibson LP Studio! Get some variety. Besides, it's nice to have a 22 fret guitar as well as a 24 fretter.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
i wouldnt mind an rga myself id like the rga321 i think with the bright blue top myself though

but i already have an ibanez S. my pick of ibanez's so far :P