I've had it for about a year and one day it just craps out on me... when I plug it in to my amp it makes a loud machine gun type sound and the lights on the thing just flicker....

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this or how to get Digitech to replace it?
Quote by inmana
I've had it for about a year and one day it just craps out on me... when I plug it in to my amp it makes a loud machine gun type sound and the lights on the thing just flicker....

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this or how to get Digitech to replace it?

actually, no. your out of luck. this time, dont buy multi effects.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
That's why you don't buy Digitech products (other than the Whammy). In all seriousness, there's probably nothing you can do.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
yeah, it would be nice if you had the particular model, digitech has tons of multieffects pedals and we can only help you if we know more of your situation. My friend owns the Digitech RP200 and his input jack recently got loose and its a pain because when you take it apart there is a giant chip in the way not exactly easily mended. Anyways, i would suggest seeing a professional about it.
It's a Digitech RP300A. I got it from Musician's Friend, if that helps.
if its still under warantee, then send it back to digitech...if not, see if its hardware-related...if its something with the hardware, you may be able to fix it yourself...if not, then yeah, you're kinda screwed...If I can offer any sort of advice or semi-educated opinion, I've owned a ton of effects and almost 10 multi-effects processors, and all I can say is that you really have to spend the money on something thats top of the line and built with a high degree of durability...anything that you're using to activate with your feet is going to be subjected to more abuse than a guitar, simply because its on the floor and you're stepping on it...If needbe, look into processors with all metal housing and if the surface components (buttons, jacks, knobs and the like) are plastic, make sure they are recessed into the housing as opposed to being mounted on the surface of the housing...hope that helps some
Just because you can express your opinion on an internet forum, doesn't mean you should.

MyMyMySpace
MyWork
Yeah, I think that thing is screwed. Any suggestions as to which processor is the best?
Quote by inmana
Yeah, I think that thing is screwed. Any suggestions as to which processor is the best?

Boss and Vox make really sturdy and good sounding processors...some Line 6 stuff is pretty reliably built but not all of their stuff...maybe Yamaha or Zoom too
Just because you can express your opinion on an internet forum, doesn't mean you should.

MyMyMySpace
MyWork
Way back in the day, i had an RP100, and it acted similarly to what you are describing when the batteries were dead. Could that be it? If your are using an adaptor, maybe that's the problem.

EDIT: My last sentence is misleading. If you are using an adaptor, maybe the adaptor is the problem. Ambiguous prounouns for the win!
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jun 4, 2006,
If ur american, send it to digitech, there's a contact on their website, if ur not, like me, I had to go back to the store, but like u said, u got it from from harmony central, so ur probably american, just e-mail Digitech and arrange them to fix it

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild