Page 1 of 2
I've heard alot of debate on what the true cause of Jimi Hendrix's death is. Some say it was an accident, and others say it was scuiced. I even heard someone say he was murdered. This is like an opinion thread so post your opinion on how YOU think jimi hendrix died
He was on tour in London, and he was so drunk, and messed up, probably on acid or something of that nature...

When, in the midst of his slumber, he vommitted...ansd due to him laying on his back and the fact that he was so messed up, he drowned in his own vomitt...

Thats what I read in his biography, I did a report on him...=)
i think it's a bit strange to have an OPINION on how someone died, but nevertheless, i always thought it was a sleeping pill overdose
Contrary to what most people believe (and this is the undisputed truth), Hendrix was actually blown to smithereens by Mussolini in 1941.
It's called Asphyxiation(idk how it's spelled)-choking on your own vomit. Bon Scott,Jimi Hendrix,and Jesus died from this.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
He died from a combination of alcohol and barbitiuates. It was most likely a suicide attempt. While sleeping he vomitted and as he was sleeping on his back,so he choked to death. When they autopsied him they found that he probably would have died if he hadn't asphyxiated. Apparently his blood alcohol level was quite low, but wine oozed from his lungs.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Last edited by ufossuck at Jun 1, 2006,
I heard that he overdozed on some sort of pill (I think sleeping pills). While he was sleeping he then choked on his own vomit. I doubt he was killed.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
i understand that he died of an overdose of some kind, but its more like the queston of his death. Noone is really certain HOW he died. LIke if it was accidental, The only things anyone knows for certain is that he had a box of sleeping pills and the box came with 40 pills, and that 9 were missing. There was also the equivelant of a bottle of wine in his lungs. There was a depressing poem found in his hotel room (the one he died in) which leads to the scuicide theory. THe Murder theory was predicted because his girl friend was yelling at him the night before. She was the only person apperently with hendrix when he died, and had a record of lying to the police. The Question is, DO YOU THINK HE OVERDOSED ON ACCIDENT, COMMITED SCUICED BY TAKING SO MANY OF THEM!, OR THE PILLS WERE SHOVED DOWN HIS THROAT IN HIS SLEEP BY HIS GIRLFRIEND. Or you can come up with your own theory.
^I think it doesn't matter. He died, and has been dead for quite some time now. So it doesn't really matter how it happened, just that it happened. So in conclusion, my theory: he died. Simple, no?
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Wikipedia has is as accurate as possible, it's all a mystery really and has been for years. Apparently his girlfriend fell asleep and he drank a bottle of wine and ODed on sleeping pills, choking on his own vomit. It was not a suicide attempt, Hendrix wouldn't want to die in the middle of making another double album, it was an accident.
^^Yeah, he choked on his own vomit when he took too many sleeping pills. Also, as you said, it was an accident.

Things were really going the way Jimi wanted to (The Experience had broken up and he was with Miles and Cox).
Quote by Maet
Contrary to what most people believe (and this is the undisputed truth), Hendrix was actually blown to smithereens by Mussolini in 1941.

I thaught it was Hitler.. the internet actually lied to me!
...:::The Master Chief :::...
Quote by Maet

Yes, why is it that no one seems to know that. Its such an obvious fact.
I was told once he laced his headband with LSD so when he would sweat on stage it would melt with the sweat down his face and seep into his open pores and he would get high real fast...
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Whether he choked on his own vomit, overdosed or whatever, he is a complete dumbass moron for letting himself get in a state like that. It's a real shame when talented and respected musicians end up at rock bottom and die in a humilating and easily avoidable way, a product of their own success. I really loose all respect for such people.
I think that that night the devil came to reclaim his property, Jimi Hendrix's soul.

Believers says that, as Robert Johnson and Eric Clapton did, amongst others, Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his musical genius, one cold october night with a full moon fillin up the sky, in the middle of the crossroads where Highway 49 intersects with Highway 61, at the south end of Rosedale City, Mississipi.

For real.

Quote by God_Clapton
I think that that night the devil came to reclaim his property, Jimi Hendrix's soul.

Believers says that, as Robert Johnson and Eric Clapton did, amongst others, Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his musical genius, one cold october night with a full moon fillin up the sky, in the middle of the crossroads where Highway 49 intersects with Highway 61, at the south end of Rosedale City, Mississipi.

For real.

So do you only have one reply to everything that you just copy and paste? I mean I could've swore I just read the same thing here.
Quote by Maet
So do you only have one reply to everything that you just copy and paste? I mean I could've swore I just read the same thing here.

i think i know who you are... and i think you're pathetic fronkpies... but even though if i hurted you somehow, please forgive me... forgive me... ok?
Quote by God_Clapton
i think i know who you are... and i think you're pathetic fronkpies... but even though if i hurted you somehow, please forgive me... forgive me... ok?

That just made my morning.
Quote by guitar_man_dct
He was on tour in London, and he was so drunk, and messed up, probably on acid or something of that nature...

When, in the midst of his slumber, he vommitted...ansd due to him laying on his back and the fact that he was so messed up, he drowned in his own vomitt...

You can't sleep when you are on acid, just thought I'd point that out.

While he might have been drunk, it was the overdose on sleeping pills which has been noted as the cause of death several times already in this thread, and anywhere else with information on his death.
Quote by Crazy_5.0
and others say it was scuiced.

Sounds nasty.....

Anyway, it was probably overdose, although I dont think we lost much anyway.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by guitar_man_dct

nailed it
The Allman Brothers Band > Masturbation FanClub - PM me to join.

member of The Yes Club - PM Me or distilledspirit to join.

Grateful Dead Club - PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Ten Years After Club - PM Me or VR05 to join.
He drowned in his own puke.

And also injected peanut butter into his temple. =)
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Quote by God_Clapton

For real.

it almost sounded like you were beginning to get into a ghost story
Quote by pigglesworth
Whether he choked on his own vomit, overdosed or whatever, he is a complete dumbass moron for letting himself get in a state like that. It's a real shame when talented and respected musicians end up at rock bottom and die in a humilating and easily avoidable way, a product of their own success. I really loose all respect for such people.

I don't think ANYONE respects you so what the ****...
Don't tell God what to do
Quote by antipop333
overdose

Yeah, on sleeping pills.

I'm not sure where people get this, "He laced his bandana with LSD and it leaked into his brain" **** from, but it's definetly not true.
^because he put sheets of acid beneath his bandana and took small hits when he would play live.
It didn't leak into himself though, there's no way it could unless he got really really sweaty, but even then it's hardly noticable.
He didn't overdose on sleeping pills. He was taking barbituates with alcohol, his girlfriend called the ambulance when he was passed out. While strapped to a gourney by a dumbass paramedic, sitting up, he puked and drowned in his own vomit.
Hi, I'm Peter
^Man...I've heard so many people who were SURE that they knew the answer. Where did you aquire that knowledge?
When I was in college, I did a report on Hendrix for English 102. Can't remember exactly where I heard that. It's interesting, though, reading his obit from the NY Times.
Hi, I'm Peter
Page 1 of 2