Ok. I am building a pedal, an Linear Power Booster to be specific. Here is the link to the schematics:

http://smallbox.zeonhost.com/projects/lpb1/index.html

Now when I went to buy a couple of the capacitors, resistors, and transistor from my local Radio Shack, they didnt have the specific values of each of the parts. The ones they did have were the 10k, 330 ohm, and 100k resistors. Basically all they had circuit wise that it called for. But they gave me some other stuff, a 1 Megohm resistor , 1uf electrolytic capacitor, and a 2N4401 transistor.

Will putting these parts together in they way it says on the diagram make it work, or will it cause problems and make it not work, or is there some other pedal I can build with these circuit parts?

Any help would be great.
Last edited by ClaptonRules at Jun 1, 2006,
Radioshack is crud...it should cost ~20 cents per resistor/cap/transistor off www.smallbearelec.com, and you get exactly what you need...

And it should work, might not sound as good as it might otherwise though...

And don't double post, please.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I sarted to make one of those the other day. They tell you to use electroletic caps, but in the diagram they don't tell you the polarity. I'm sure theres a way to figure it out though.
^Nonpolar is fine, most .15 uFs will be nonpolarized.
And either way, the polarity should work if you use electros.
always connect negative leads on electrolytics to lower voltages than the positive lead

for ex: if it's between a node with voltage >0 and a ground, connect the negative lead to ground

if you guys want to wait a sec, i'll solve this circuit for you

k, solved, the circuit has a gain of approx 28dB (unless my calculations are off, you can check if really want). It may seem like alot of gain, but remember, the output from your guitar is pretty small. You might be able to squeeze a bit more gain out of the circuit, but only so much before the transistor saturates (which you don't want... in a linear boost circuit anyways)
Last edited by greenbox at Jun 2, 2006,
Well I got mine built and put in a box today. I had to use a toggle for the time being. But, it works great. I easily, using the parts I had, got about a 30 decible boost, if not more. I will be posting pictures in a few days as well as some sound samples. I'll post the links for them on here in a few days. Thanks everyone for all your help (especially That_Pink_Queen). With out him telling me it should work I wouldnt have had the balls to go ahead with it. So again thanks.
you ever get any pics or sound clips man?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Yeah, now this is one from right after i finished it. It still had the toggle switch and I hadnt put the LED in it yet. I still have the toggle in it because I havent gotten around to getting a stomp switch. But here it is:

aww, switch the switch for a button type, well... unless you're just gonna leave it on, then i guess it doesn't matter
Well I usually leave it on, because the guys I play with all have louder amps then I do, so with it on I can sound almost as loud as they are instead of being drowned out by all them. But I really wanted it as a stomp box, but I guess your right, it really wouldnt matter since I leave it on all the time. But as for sound clips, when I get my strat rebuilt and set up I will record some stuff and post it.
hey man i just built mine today and well it works but when i switch it off it doesnt bypass, rather i get no signal at all? im sure somethings wrong but i dont know what. but it does sound good. i just have to either use it or unplug it at this point. lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
Well since mine has a 3 way toggle. The upper most postion of the switch does the same thing, it completely kills the signal. But I usually play with mine all the time or like you said, unplug it.
shizzboy:
If you're using millenium bypass, check the pinout.

If its a physical bypass, just check your wiring.
K thanks i guess.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai