Page 1 of 2
I was wondering for some time, what makes this number a satanic number? (I know, Biblical reference, numerologist crap... blah) but I have a question which may seem stupid, and that is - Is it the actual number, or the count that is the satanic symbol?
Ill try making myself clear - 666 is the number of the beast, no doubt. But if I used the binary code, I could write the same number as 1010011010. Would 1010011010 be the number of the beast if it was referenced to as binary code?
Also, would 666 be the number of the beast if it was 666 in Hex? because in decimal count it would be the number 1638 ?

I dont actually need this for anything, dont get me wrong, I am just curious on what is going on.
its also 999 upside down omgroflconpirazzzzzzeee!!!!11!!11
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Klayy
666 is the number of the beast, no doubt.

actually, it's 616

anyway, don't know why 666 is bad, I think it was something against jews or something.
In the Bible it specifically says that 666 is the mark of the beast. That's it.

Mark of the Beast
Revelation 13:16-18 states:
"Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell who does not have the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom: let anyone with the understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred and sixty-six."
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

nice sig clayy i agree
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
you bring up some very valid points, I suppose, because those numbers are translated into the same values, they could very well be the same.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
ummm yeaaa...*slowly backs away from wierdos*
(wtf was that about?)
gimme a Microphone,
gimme background music,
gimme some Lyrics
I'll sing you a song
ok ummmmmm I didn't quite catch that.
God, people gotta be so mean!
Don't stop if I fall, and don't look back...Oh baby don't stop, bury me and fade to black.
Quote by gtr-dude'n'a1/2
you bring up some very valid points, I suppose, because those numbers are translated into the same values, they could very well be the same.

yes, and what Im trying to say is that if it works with different number schemes (or scales or how they are called), you can get about every number to be 666 when translated to the decimal scale or into actual count.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
actually, it's 616

anyway, don't know why 666 is bad, I think it was something against jews or something.

wow thats definatly wrong the first guy had it right the book of revalations sais the mark of the beast will be 666. Where did you get 616?
Hey
Im completely normal, I dont believe in this crap, Im just curious how this crap is supposed to work. If you dont have anything reasonable to say, do **** off please.
Quote by jrthegreat91
wow thats definatly wrong the first guy had it right the book of revalations sais the mark of the beast will be 666. Where did you get 616?

It is referred to as 616 in some cases, I dont know why, its mentioned in wikipedia, but its a long article and im lazy
Quote by jrthegreat91

I believe it has recently been discovered to be a mistranlation and is actually 616.
Darkness Is Growing, Eternity Opens
The Cememtary Lights Up Again
As In Ancient Times
Fallen Souls Die Behind My Steps
By Following The Freezing Moon
ok, tired of looking at retarded posts so i will make one somewhat worthy of being seen.

ok, i have also heard its 616 instead of 666, but i dont see how they can get the "1" instead of a 6, can anyone inform me?
isn't 666 the number the numerologists gave the roman emporor nero
Dave Mustaine is God

UP THE IRONS!!!!!
Quote by jrthegreat91

I THINK people found some old papyrus scrolls with the number writen as 616 that pre-dated the earliest bibles, and this was apparently misread and written as 666 ever since. Or something.
Quote by BlackLacesGP
I believe it has recently been discovered to be a mistranlation and is actually 616.

screws up the omen release date somewhat then doesn't it
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by BlackLacesGP

And all these years ****ing satanists have praised the wrong number
lol
doesnt matter.
Still, I dont quite see anyone to understand the POINT of what this thread should be about.
Quote by The Wicker Man2
isn't 666 the number the numerologists gave the roman emporor nero

It is, in deed. And? Does that answer my question?
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
actually, it's 616

Its both! I have posted the link on this website telling what the number stands for a million times. *hint*NERO*hint*. Please before asking stupdi already answered a million times questions click here.
Mark of the Beast
"Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell who does not have the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom: let anyone with the understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred and sixty-six."

hmm... am i right if i think that quote is the intro to the number of the beast by iron maiden??
Quote by tommyt
its also 999 upside down omgroflconpirazzzzzzeee!!!!11!!11

Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Hey wanna dance sugar!?

well why not?

stud
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
we had a debate about this in religion.
555 is the number of total perfection- representing jesus/ god/ moses/ ect
666 is supposed to be total imperfectoion- represting the roman ruler at that time.
was apparently misinterprted as satan.

thats what we were told
Quote by bass_man_5_4_3_
666 is supposed to be total imperfectoion- represting the roman ruler at that time.

thats what we were told

Where's 555 in the Bible?
Darkness Is Growing, Eternity Opens
The Cememtary Lights Up Again
As In Ancient Times
Fallen Souls Die Behind My Steps
By Following The Freezing Moon
Quote by bass_man_5_4_3_

thats what we were told

QUESTION: Would 1010011010 be the number of the beast if it was referenced to as binary code?

ANSWER: 555 is the number of total perfection- representing jesus/ god/ moses/ ect

I think Ill delete this, not one person has answered my question
personally, i would say probably. but the whole 666 thing looks ominous and well, 1010011010 just doesnt. now, if you were writing for a computer, you would use binary for the number of the beast just because the computer wouldnt know what you meant if you typed in the number 6. but that quote mentions nothing about three sixes, just the number six hundred and sixty six.
put it this way, klayy, i don't think the guys who wrote the bible and all the texts related to it knew much about binary codes or decimals, right? i think it's kinda like the calendar, many things r extremely inaccurate due to those differences, and imo the number 666 is more of a symbol than anythin, especially given that most ppl don't know or don't care about decimals, binary code or w/e. dunno, this is just my opinion, it makes some sense inside my head...

ana.
so who do i have to kill to get a crit? --> Memory

(e-cookie for whoever spots the alliteration, ha)

y cuando llegue el momento, sólo el viento se llevará lo que siento; y cuando acabe mi suerte, sólo en la muerte estaré fuerte y despierto...
Quote by spanishsmn
put it this way, klayy, i don't think the guys who wrote the bible and all the texts related to it knew much about binary codes or decimals, right? i think it's kinda like the calendar, many things r extremely inaccurate due to those differences, and imo the number 666 is more of a symbol than anythin, especially given that most ppl don't know or don't care about decimals, binary code or w/e. dunno, this is just my opinion, it makes some sense inside my head...

ana.

right, i see your point, quite reasonable

I suppose that it is just the number. 666, three 6 digits in a row, no matter what the actual value is. In that case I see the clergy using the sixths system some time in the future, using digits 0 to 5 to avoid the "bad number" for good (for those less intelligent - this was a joke)

I still think that it is a laugh to make a number be soo kvlt and demonic and stuff.
I read this in a book that at the time that the number 666 derived as being the number of the beast, people woud play a game with numbers where they would convert your name into numbers. At the time there was an emporer who was like hitler in a way to the people he ruled. So they converted his name into numbers and got 666.

So ya.

People who have agreed with me:

Quote by spuime4c1es
LMFAO!
you nailed it sgfender.
my shirt says 666 right now its ozzy shirt
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by meta1militia
my shirt says 666 right now its ozzy shirt

great, my shirt say stfu fag and read the ****ing starter post
Quote by De-De-Dee
Mark of the Beast

hmm... am i right if i think that quote is the intro to the number of the beast by iron maiden??

ya, where do you think they got it from?
Page 1 of 2