What does it stand for?

Some say Anti-Christ Devils Child
Alternating Current Direct Current (like on electrical appliances)
My little nephew told me it was the chords they played in the first song they ever wrote together...I don't know how valid this theory is.
it means alternating current and direct current
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
hmmm...ac/dc alternating current/ direct current, get it cuz... the lightening bolt...
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
i thought it was alt. cur. and direct cur.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
yeah its alternating current and direct current,the behind the music of ACDC says they got the name off of a sewing machine
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
yeah I read that too DopeDanny, ur 100% right... and my dad said AC/DC means bi (in addition to alt./dir. current
its because they saw that on a sewing machine (the alt. current and dir. current thing talked about) lolll, thats what I read on their site as far as I know
ok here it is I have an biography on their life with quotes.. angus just says he thought it was cool cause it had to do with electric current so they used it.. that simple.. it's electrifying?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Alternating Current/Direct Current

I do believe Angus' and Malcolm's sister Margaret saw it on the back of a vaccuum cleaner. She then told them it'd be a great band name.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Quote by rayIII
yeah I read that too DopeDanny, ur 100% right... and my dad said AC/DC means bi (in addition to alt./dir. current

ACDC, not AC/DC means bisexual in Europe. When the band was still new they opened for Lou Reed in Germany or something. Lou Reed's bisexuality and the name AC/DC made a lotta people think it was a bi band. A lotta gay clubs tried to book them after that.

To answer the question, for all intents and purposes it doesn't stand for anything. It came off a sewing machine, so it obviously mean alternating current/direct current when they saw it. The problem is Angus dropped out of school at the age of 15, so he probably had no idea what it meant. When asked what it means he responds "rock n' roll." Stay in school.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
ACDC, not AC/DC means bisexual in Europe. When the band was still new they opened for Lou Reed in Germany or something. Lou Reed's bisexuality and the name AC/DC made a lotta people think it was a bi band. A lotta gay clubs tried to book them after that.

To answer the question, for all intents and purposes it doesn't stand for anything. It came off a sewing machine, so it obviously mean alternating current/direct current when they saw it. The problem is Angus dropped out of school at the age of 15, so he probably had no idea what it meant. When asked what it means he responds "rock n' roll." Stay in school.

lmao
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!